Where are the hippies

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Went to IOW last week, not bad,, but far too many girls in high heels. Want to go to a few fesrtivals this summer, but where do the hippies go these days. I want chilled music, maybe a bit of rock. i want a family friendly attitude, l dont want to be body searched every 5 minutes. I want to sit round the tent at night with cool people and a spliff..........HELP .............

• hippies are around you just have to look! dreads is a good sign, or people randomly dancing to no music!

Fairest of the Happy Hippy Redheads
    I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive... :heart:

• Quote from Tezza_UK

Jenni ??? no..

well she lives in Luton and is the definition of hippy :p

although I don't know what festies she's going to

we reenact Noah's ancient drama, but in reverse, like a film running backwards, the animals exiting

• check out sunrise festival (you missed this years though)... very nice.....

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• Jenni lives in Barton L Clay but you can hear her from Luton.

Or Hitchin

[INDENT]

Quote from elfqueenofrohan

well she lives in Luton and is the definition of hippy :p

although I don't know what festies she's going to

[/INDENT]

• Actually like the sound of seeing all these women stuck in the mud in their high heels.

You still have time to get to Secret Garden Party. Though its not tottaly hippified its in the right direction.

me thinks!

• Shambala! It's in Northamptonshire over August Bank Holiday weekend. They don't advertise, it's all word of mouth, and I think it's a lovely little weekend. Had the best time there in 2005.

• yay for lutonian man!!!!!

yeah....i'm sure folk on this site'd love to track you down and hang out for a bit at whatever festie's they're doing, though i dont know if im doing any yet this year....

there's always a wide variety of folk/dudes at festivals....just like there is everywhere....just keep smiling and the kinda folk you'll click with'll gravitate towards you :)

:insane:

• ok festies to go to are buddah fields, shambala, tribal earth, small world, tribe of doris. these festival are pure hippie true bloods. you can have your own fires. yopu wont get searched once and there are dreads flying everywhere

• Quote from reggaeman

ok festies to go to are buddah fields, shambala, tribal earth, small world, tribe of doris. these festival are pure hippie true bloods. you can have your own fires. yopu wont get searched once and there are dreads flying everywhere

Ha, thats exactly what l was after. Cheers man.

• Quote from reggaeman

ok festies to go to are buddah fields, shambala, tribal earth, small world, tribe of doris. these festival are pure hippie true bloods. you can have your own fires. yopu wont get searched once and there are dreads flying everywhere

they sound wikkid innit. i love building fires!

*makes mental note to self to lose 'festival virginity' at one of these, ideally before being issued with zimmer frame*

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

• Quote from Sthenno

Shambala! It's in Northamptonshire over August Bank Holiday weekend. They don't advertise, it's all word of mouth, and I think it's a lovely little weekend. Had the best time there in 2005.

tell me more! its local for me :D

• Quote from the gardener

You live in Bedford....what about Rhythm festival.....its on your doorstep:)

never heard of it dude, thanks for the heads up - however if it's round bedford way it'll probably be full of nasty youths in baseball caps. :rolleyes:

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

• Quote from ZZZZZ

never heard of it dude, thanks for the heads up - however if it's round bedford way it'll probably be full of nasty youths in baseball caps. :rolleyes:

is in hitchin, look on festival thread, ROTW

• I went to ROTW in Hitchin last year, its not a camping festival. Its basically a few stages scattered around the town centre, lots of baseball caps and hoodies. In one of the parks they have a childrens arwea. that was quite cool, bit more chilled, but no music. Not a bad day out,. but very crowded.

• I didn't know that is where you lived Jenni ...wow I lived there for a few years (Lewis was born in the L & D) so I know it very well.....next time I am down visiting friends that way I will let you know...

• Quote from Stormypagan

I didn't know that is where you lived Jenni ...wow I lived there for a few years (Lewis was born in the L & D) so I know it very well.....next time I am down visiting friends that way I will let you know...

and me! and me!:waves:

• Quote from Tezza_UK

I went to ROTW in Hitchin last year, its not a camping festival. Its basically a few stages scattered around the town centre, lots of baseball caps and hoodies. In one of the parks they have a childrens arwea. that was quite cool, bit more chilled, but no music. Not a bad day out,. but very crowded.

Some old friends of mine used to organise the Triangle festival in Hitchin ...but I am not sure if it is still going now... and I used to go to the Girls school there so it is another place I know hehehe

• Quote from Tezza_UK

Went to IOW last week, not bad,, but far too many girls in high heels. Want to go to a few fesrtivals this summer, but where do the hippies go these days. I want chilled music, maybe a bit of rock. i want a family friendly attitude, l dont want to be body searched every 5 minutes. I want to sit round the tent at night with cool people and a spliff..........HELP .............

You just missed the Strawberry fair in Cambridge, which is always held on the first weekend of June :)

If you want a truly free hippy gathering...try Stonehenge or Avebury on the solstices/equinoxes (or any sabbat)...faily that be ready to splash the cash as some of theses pay festis are a pretty penny :)

• Think l need to get a festival going in Luton or close by anyway. I know times change, move on and all that. i just yearn for a festival where no one cared what you wear, and certainly no high heels, chilled time, friendly people, campfire at night with a beer and a spliff. Miusic and activities in the day for adults and kids, and those of us adults who not grown up yet, is that too much to ask ??

• Quote from Tezza_UK

Think l need to get a festival going in Luton or close by anyway. I know times change, move on and all that. i just yearn for a festival where no one cared what you wear, and certainly no high heels, chilled time, friendly people, campfire at night with a beer and a spliff. Miusic and activities in the day for adults and kids, and those of us adults who not grown up yet, is that too much to ask ??

Get in touch with some of the old collective called Exedous...they would be able to help I am sure :)