This is not a forum I normally post in, so it'll be interesting!!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Sitting here pondering and putting together the familiy tree. Amazing how much we don't know about our own families!!

Which got me thinking - there is not one person on this earth that knows everything about me - let's face it, how many of your friends know your grandparents or greatgrandparents names?? Do your grandparents know the name of the festival you were at last weekend??

What do you think? Does it make you feel very alone or very independent???

• Quote from freecloud

But we all mean different things to different people!

Yes, but do you sometimes find it scary when a) nobody seems to know where you are or what you are doing or b) scary when everybody seems to know ...

• Quote from lilylove

Yes, but do you sometimes find it scary when a) nobody seems to know where you are what you are doing or b) scary when everybody seems to know ...

A = Freedom.
    B = Never happened yet :D

• Quote from lilylove

Yes, but do you sometimes find it scary when a) nobody seems to know where you are or what you are doing or b) scary when everybody seems to know ...

when eeryone knows wht ur doing it's safe cos... its just better!!

wen nobody knows.. can b scary, it's not always 'freedom' i mean i hate that if i end up in a random city or something n no one in the world knows where i am i guess its kinda exciting in a way uve just got outta being a kid and can wonder around without ppl saying 'r u alright dear' but thn it's like wht if u get run over and eaten by a bear or something no one is gna know!!

we reenact Noah's ancient drama, but in reverse, like a film running backwards, the animals exiting

• Quote from John

A = Freedom.
    B = Never happened yet :D

B = No-one likes a smartass :D :D

I agree with you though nobody knowing where you are or what you are up to is total FREEDOM!!

• Quote from elfqueenofrohan

but thn it's like wht if u get run over and eaten by a bear or something no one is gna know!!

:eek: :eek: If you get eaten by a bear honey, let me know and I'll stay indoors!!

wen nobody knows.. can b scary, it's not always 'freedom' i mean i hate that if i end up in a random city or something n no one in the world knows where i am
    thn it's like wht if u get run over and eaten by a bear or something no one is gna know!!

No one said freedom means safety. Freedom includes the freedom to starve to death or wander into a bog and sink and die. Freedom should never been seen as purely positive. Still, I rather enjoy it myself :)

• Quote from lilylove

Sitting here pondering and putting together the familiy tree.

dude, it ain't christmas yet! :boing:

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

• I've been known to tell fibs about my location and activities - I don't really like the idea of everyone knowing what I'm up to - not because I do anything dodgy (well, not that dodgy!) but because I like my privacy.

reconsider what you have learned about life - choose to listen to nature's broadcast - the voice of earth....

• I don't tell anyone my EXACT location because I'm a bit worrid of people getting a hold of it - weird people especially.
    But it feels good to have some kind of freedom about me - I don't really have many people I can call family, so my real friends are pretty much my family for me :D

• I like to share what's going on with my life with other people, even the littlest details, which is probably annoying! But it's true no one else can know everything about your life, or share in all parts of it. I like to belive that when I find my soulmate we'll share as may details as possible though, and they'll know me as well as I know myself :)

Fairest of the Happy Hippy Redheads
    I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive... :heart:

• i think about that sometimes...like the people who i call my good friends actually know so little...then i wonder how much i actually know of them..and how they could be totally different to what we see...its a weird thought

• yeah, cos you can never know what someone else is thinking deep down!

I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive... :heart:

• or..what they do...though if you think about it too much its not really good..cus you start not wanting to trust people cus you realise that you have no idea what they're really up to!

• heehee yeah. i guess we just have to trust that mostly they are being honest, or have a good reason for not being! For all the people who delibarately hurt others of lie, there are many more who are just trying to do the best they can.

• I think that we are islands that bump into each other on occassion. Perhaps we really never know someone - not even our partner - at least this is my experience - I wish that it had been diferrent. Hmmmm... next time round will mind meld on first date.......
    If I think friends know where I am then thats fine, if not then thats fine too. I think freedom is a state of mind and for me I prefer people to know where and who I am - it makes me feel safer and that although not with me in body - someone somewhere is with me in spirit. After all life has to be about sharing - doesn't it?

• though it gets a tad annoying at times...my family always know where i am and what i'm up too...'cos we all live in the same village:) it's the same with friends and neighbours..folks check in to see how we are if we haven't been seen for a while...I used to keep family,friends and my pagan life seperate...each saw a different aspect of my personality...now they have all merged...as for independence...thats my home..decorated how I like and folks are allowed in when it suits ME

• I like it that I am very independant and private, most of the time, noone knows what I am up to or where I am :D

I share different parts of my life with different people but never all of it with one. There is also the stuff that no one will ever know about.

Until my mum started to google me and started knowing about things before I had told her. I wouldn't be surprised if she is reading this now :rolleyes::waves: I know this is the WWW and a public forum but I share stuff on here that I wouldn't normally talk to my mum about and I feel incredibly uncomfortable with her reading it. It is like being a child and having my diary read or my bedroom searched!

• Quote from starpoi

Until my mum started to google me and started knowing about things before I had told her. I wouldn't be surprised if she is reading this now :rolleyes::waves: I know this is the WWW and a public forum but I share stuff on here that I wouldn't normally talk to my mum about and I feel incredibly uncomfortable with her reading it. It is like being a child and having my diary read or my bedroom searched!

I got into a bit of bother - I write an honest blog - full of politics and stuff - and I write about people and me and what I am up to.... My sis and parents are not too impressed.... but hey - I am being more honest than them by putting it out there and making myself vulnerable to criticism.... i'd rather people actually know me rather than knowing a veneer - done that for far too long.....

• Quote from starpoi

I like it that I am very independant and private, most of the time, noone knows what I am up to or where I am :D

I share different parts of my life with different people but never all of it with one. There is also the stuff that no one will ever know about.

oh no! she didn't read the 'mothers' 101 did she?

• Generally, dont put on the web what you wouldnt put on a Billboard at the side of the M1 :)

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from starpoi

Until my mum started to google me and started knowing about things before I had told her. I wouldn't be surprised if she is reading this now :rolleyes::waves:

:eek: that's a frightening thought

how does she google you tho? cos your actual name in google wouldn't link to this site would it? :confused:

we reenact Noah's ancient drama, but in reverse, like a film running backwards, the animals exiting

:eek: that's a frightening thought

how does she google you tho? cos your actual name in google wouldn't link to this site would it? :confused:

only if you type in your username....or if your real name is on your profile