Download...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Have a good time, looks like is gonna be a sunny weekend .......
    :cheer: :rockon: :nanarave:

There's a handfull of bands I wouldn't mind seeing (M.Manson, V.Revolver) but I cant be there......... :rolleyes:

But what on earth are Hayseed Dixie are doing there! :eek:

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• Giving me something to do that’s not watch My Chemical Romance! Yay!!! How considerate of them.

• I'd go to watch Maiden, who wouldn't? lol!
    The other bands put me off getting a ticket though, I think 'My Chemical Romance' are playing aren't they?
    They're not my thing, a little bit too teeny boppy!

• Quote from starry_eyed

I'd go to watch Maiden, who wouldn't? lol!
    The other bands put me off getting a ticket though, I think 'My Chemical Romance' are playing aren't they?

Yeah they are, but it's OK 'cos Suicidal Tendencies are on the other stage!
    I thought that at first too, but if you look away from some of the more poppy bands there's a damn good line-up... Machine Head, Motley Crue, Slayer, Napalm Death... maybe that's just me!
    :insane:

• You make me sad :( i want to see them but i cant be arsed with real festis.

the other day i went "oh, i accidently spent my festival money" and my friend went "oh, you're going to download". "Errrrm, no. Wales"

Jimbo's going so now i have noone to annoy late at night :(

• Quote from Boz

You make me sad :( i want to see them but i cant be arsed with real festis.

the other day i went "oh, i accidently spent my festival money" and my friend went "oh, you're going to download". "Errrrm, no. Wales"

Jimbo's going so now i have noone to annoy late at night :(

Sorry!!! I know what you mean about big festies though, it's the only one I'm doing this year... luckily I bought my ticket before I decided to leave my job.

• Woohoo – that was excellent! And surprisingly emo-free. Got a good hoe-down in to Hayseed Dixie, got mildly crushed at Suicidal Tendencies and saw Bruce Dickinson fall off an amp. Happy days!

Roll on Glade! I'd forgotten how much I miss being in a field...

• Maybe moderately crushed would have been a better term? I didn’t break anything anyway…
    :D

• Yeah, I went to this too, and had a great time, except for the bit where I burnt my arm (that's first-degree burn, not sunburn).

Porcupine Tree were fantastic, and I got my ticket signed by them too :cool:

Also great were Yourcodnameis:Milo, who get better every time I see them. Other highlights included Killswitch Engage, Biffy Clyro and Reuben. Iron Maiden were a blast as always, and Lez Zeppelin (an all-lesbian Led Zep tribute band) were incredible. All in all, a great weekend, which was nice as it's gonna be my last Download for a while after 5 straight years.

• Yeah, Dream Theatre were awesome! I have to say I was really impressed by Live Nation this year too – they seemed to genuinely have listened to people’s feedback after last year and improved the facilities greatly. Last year turned into a bit of a fiasco but they seemed to have turned it around nicely, not least by enlisting security who were effective without being complete and utter prats.

• was right near the barrier for slayer, lamb of god, megadeth, machine head. korn were amazing too.
    also took part in the circle pit for devildriver.
    hopefully next year there will be far more metal bands

• I quite like the mix of bands they have now – Suicidal Tendencies were definitely my favourite of the weekend, and Hayseed Dixie kicked ass. Personally I’d like a little less My Chemical Romance and all that nonsense, but at least it made it easier to choose which bands to see! I think the diversity’s a good thing.

• Quote from Sthenno

I quite like the mix of bands they have now – Suicidal Tendencies were definitely my favourite of the weekend, and Hayseed Dixie kicked ass. Personally I’d like a little less My Chemical Romance and all that nonsense, but at least it made it easier to choose which bands to see! I think the diversity’s a good thing.

Variety is good. especially when you know that all the kids that are going to say they did are gunna be off at another stage while you enjoy your fave bands with the real fans

• Quote from starry_eyed

I'd go to watch Maiden, who wouldn't? lol!

Haha I was forced to see them at wembley supporting Muse. The lead singer stopped in the middle of his set and said something along the lines of...

"No matter how down you are, no matter how much others may not understand you... always remember that violence is not the answer, not to yourself or anyone else... thats why we are all at a rock show!!!!"

Top advice there :angel: