OLYMPIC LOGO 2012

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Dear Gods:eek: £400,000, spent and we get this:eek:

if naeni had painted her arse and submitted the picture i'm sure it would have looked better;)

Seb Coe said

we don't do bland

..no,we do logos designed by toddlers !!

what do you folks think ?

could any UK hippy folk design a better logo ?

• Quote from Tigerdaddy

My 5 year old is very happy with his £400,000 for ten minutes work, so stop moaning! :D

lol..my 10 year old said he'd designed better at school:harhar:

• Quote from Skye

I can't beleive £400.00 was spent on this.:eek: What is it supposed to be?

The random shapes say "2012" but I didn't notice that till it was pointed out. What a badly designed logo. It looks bad, and doesn't even do what it was designed to do. Someone pointed out it also looks like Lisa Simpson giving head. Which once pointed out is all the logo becomes, its also much easier to see that image than it is the numbers "2012".

"Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we can not eat money" - 19th Century Cree Indian.

• Quote from Power_13

The BBC has an "alternate Olympics logo" page, and I found a screenshot of this gem (it's been taken down now, apparently). Spoilered for size.

I missed that one! Taken down before I saw it. Obviously the bbc webmasters aren't familiar with Goatse.

"Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we can not eat money" - 19th Century Cree Indian.

• Quote from Paul

Ha, they just showed that on the news :D

Haha, I never thought I'd see the day when someone would Goatse the entire UK :D

• Quote from Walking Barefoot

I missed that one! Taken down before I saw it. Obviously the bbc webmasters aren't familiar with Goatse.

Whats Goatse?

Omg, all i can see is lisa now :omg:

• Quote from Boz

Whats Goatse?

Whatever you do, don't look on Google for it, especially not on image search. Here's the Wikipedia link, work safe and mind safe :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatse.cx

It was a popular internet joke to send the link to friends and MSN contacts a few years ago. I was horrified at the time, but I find it amusing now, looking back. :D

• With some of the best design students in the world at their disposal they go and spend almost half a million on utter crap. No wonder the olympic budget is going through the roof

• Quote from scarlettdee

if naeni had painted her arse and submitted the picture i'm sure it would have looked better;)

Thankyou thats the niceest thing anybodies ever said! :D:D:D It's true too!

here I done it just for you! :D

But anyway, seriously now...as a famous artist myself.. *cough*

THAT'S FUCKING SHITE!!!

• it was on the news last night as a 'sexual simpson' or something like that. makes me giggle everytime i see that. How many countries is the simpsons broadcast in? Not only that but...pink and yellow?

• It took me a while to work out it read 2012 - Call me stuck in the past but I much prefer my zero's circular and with holes in the middle!

What grated against my sanity were the people saying things like "the logo has been designed to inspire young people around the world through sport"

It's a sodding logo! To add insult to injury the telegraph has pictures of previous more tastefull previous official olympic logos it >

for example

y'know what - i don't think its a bad logo....

....for the 1980's!!

Are all the athletes going to wear fingerless gloves, colour-change t-shirts and flourescent oddsocks inside huge-tongued trainers on the opening day??

• Quote from Walking Barefoot

Someone pointed out it also looks like Lisa Simpson giving head. Which once pointed out is all the logo becomes, its also much easier to see that image than it is the numbers "2012".

GAH! That is now all I can see when I look at it. My parents showed me the picture this morning and I couldn't stop laughing :eek: ...you've damaged me :harhar:

• i find it terrifying/hilarious how many people seem to be enraged by a few squiggly pink lines while all over the place people are being tortured/dying of curable illnesses/being murdered for being the wrong colour etc....

as cybw said:

It's a sodding logo!

:insane:

• Quote from jenni

i find it terrifying/hilarious how many people seem to be enraged by a few squiggly pink lines while all over the place people are being tortured/dying of curable illnesses/being murdered for being the wrong colour etc....

as cybw said:

:insane:

Jenni - agreeing with Cybw? you need therapy! :eek:

• Quote from John

Jenni - agreeing with Cybw? you need therapy! :eek:

it's okay.....im really hannah....plus it really is only a logo....sure its one that folk plan on using to pump loadsa money outta people n stuff....and yes, money is more important than sport or the bringing together of nations....but still....LOGO!!!! :D :insane: :)