[WANTED/SWAP]: Stuff to decorate my dreadies!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Eee.

My dreadies will be a year old next week, and apparently they've decided to celebrate that by trying to grow into each other again :rolleyes: Thought they were past that stage. And as much as I like having different sized dreads, i'd rather not have one giant one.

Who wants to help me decorate them? :D Already have some pretty beads and sparkly things from friends but would love to put some more stuff in there, figured id rather have beads and things from nice hippy type people than spend £5 on a peyote stitch off eBay. Hmph.

Sooo ... who wants to send me pretty beads/string/wraps/whatever those wire thingies are called?! Can send you some pennies or can swap for something random and sparkly, have lots of pretty bracelets and such im never going to wear. Ooh, and lots of incense, and candles with shells in. Yay. :insane:

Anyone?

I've been tripping from sipping the dripping dirty water tap,
    i've been thinking i'm drinking too many drinks all by myself.
    I've been poking a voodoo doll that you do not know I made, for you, of you.

• Quote from Twister

Eee.

My dreadies will be a year old next week, and apparently they've decided to celebrate that by trying to grow into each other again :rolleyes: Thought they were past that stage. And as much as I like having different sized dreads, i'd rather not have one giant one.

They will never grow out of this phase! It is something that some hair types are prone to more than others but there is nothing you can do to stop it except gently pull them apart after you wash them. If they are connected by a lot of hair, you'll have to rip the hair, a few strands at a time. That way you will keep the structure of both the dreads without risking pulling it all out at the root which will happen if you rip too much too hard :)

I have these lurking somewhere if you like them.

• Ooh wowwy. Thanks people!

I'll have a look but am not sure if I've any beads suitable...

Thanks! :)

wooden or plastic, cotton? whats needed?

Anythingggg you have lying around would be great. My dreads are all different sizes so different sized beads would be wicked.

I have these lurking somewhere if you like them.

Wow - they're beautiful. If spacekitty wants the middle one can I have the other two please? PM me with details :)

il make up a little gift box for them :)

Ooh, thanks Fleass ... ill see if I can find some nice stuff to trade.

Yay!

• Eeeeeee! You rock! Did I tell you that? Well im telling you now. Yay!

Pming you :D

• I have some really nice wooden beads spare, I bought them for my dreads, but there were so many.
    They're proper dreadlock beads and they're wooden, a very nice shade, a kind of dark reddish brown.
    Let me know if you want a few.

what size, roughly, are your dreadies?

Roughly half an inch across, but ive got some fatter and some skinnier ones :)

I am still trying to find the coils!!

No problem. Lemme know when youve found em :)

I have some really nice wooden beads spare, Let me know if you want a few.

Ooh, yes please. Will PM you :D

ive really taken to making peyote stitches..so i can make one of those for ya if you

Wicked. Would love one (or two or three or four) PMing you :D