Christian cartoon propaganda

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Those cartoons are all complete rubbish. Being a Christian is a lot simpler than that. Plus we aren't all evil. No one is saying you're evil if you don't believe in God. And God didn't send HIV and AIDS to punish anyone. We all commit 'sins' (as defined in the Bible) whether we believe in God or not. And God loves everyone whether they believe in him or not. I am a Christian and its quite a good life!

The only real difference between being a Christian and not is that you believe in God and try to do what God sees as right (see Bible). And you have to believe in Jesus and the ressurection if you want to go to heaven.

Drawing some ridiculous cartoons that are patronising and make people look stupid just ridicules Christians more IMO and I think I am pretty normal.

• These cartoons are HORRIBLE.
    "Jesus can be your most loving friend... Or the most frightening enemy in the universe."

:eek: I have no in-depth knowledge of what Christians believe... But I always just assumed Jesus was supposed to be all loving and all forgiving?

• LILITH is the deity of choice in this house;)
    according to the book of ISAIAH..(the Hebrew version of Lilith).. she was Adam's first wife before Eve. Adam married her because he became tired of coupling with animals.Adam tried to make Lilith lie beneath him during sexual intercourse. Lilith would not meet this demand of male dominance. She cursed Adam and hurried to her home by the Red Sea.
    and so GOD gave Adam the docile Eve....:rolleyes:

• Quote from Charles E. Wheeler

So believing in evolution makes people killers. Is it just me, or is that idea the most brilliant example of unintentional irony?

I think the point is that without religion you become nihilistic killers lashing out at the meaninglessness of it all....whereas with religion you can become a holy warrior in the cause of truth lashing out at those who disagree :D

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from Coyote

I think the point is that without religion you become nihilistic killers lashing out at the meaninglessness of it all....whereas with religion you can become a holy warrior in the cause of truth lashing out at those who disagree :D

I know, I just have a habit of picking out ironies and unintentional links that nobody else has noticed, and nobody else finds funny but me. :D

• Quote from Naeni

I am so glad I picked up those leaflets, because any leaning towards Christianity I may have had has been wiped out entirely.

Thats MY testimonial.

I am sorry to hear this, because, as you point out yourself, we ain't all the same... As a Christian, I often wonder what God makes of us all as we hurry around the world belieiving that we know best when it comes to the purpose of His Son and what His ministry actually was about... As to the comics described, I dare say that there would not be much in them that would make Him laugh... (You see, even I seem to think I know what God thinks...)

Peace, love and blessings!

X Tubbs!

PS - As Christ said, He came to save sinners... So, after reading some of the comments about who sinners are supposed to be, as far as these comics are concerned, I wonder who will have the last laugh..? After all, He also commanded 'Do not judge...'

‘One is lucky to be content with little and to find satisfaction in simplicity’ Robert Service

• hehe nice post tubbs!

:waves:

• Quote from elfqueenofrohan

what!!!! so the Pope now has the God-given right to undermine what it says in the Bible?
    Bible says 'only the Son of Man (i.e. Jesus) has right to forgive sins on earth' or something akin to that (Bible quotes are fading from my mind) and the Pope is surely then saying that if priests can forgive too they're on equal status with Jesus?!
    i don't uuuunderstand. i need to talk to more Catholics.

Jesus is supposed to have said to His disciples that 'Whose sins you forgive, they are forgiven: And those sins that are not, remain unforgiven' Or words to that effect, and these are found in most services of ordination, whether Roman Catholic, Anglican Catholic, Anglican, etc... So, whoever says this over the priest-to-be is only following Gospel teaching...

The arguement of equal status with Jesus opens a whole can of worms up. No one else can be the Son of Man, as Jesus was, but, some of His teachings would suggest that He wanted us all to be in the same kind of relationship with the Father as He was, and, if He came down to earth to take on human nature, there is an arguement that such was done in order for us to be able to take on a more Christ-like nature... I suppose it all depends on your view point of Christ and His status as such...

‘One is lucky to be content with little and to find satisfaction in simplicity’ Robert Service

• starpoi and Naeni, it was actually Eve that committed the first sin. Although Adam fell for her temptation, so they're both to blame really.

"Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realise that we can not eat money" - 19th Century Cree Indian.

• Quote from Walking Barefoot

starpoi and Naeni, it was actually Eve that committed the first sin. Although Adam fell for her temptation, so they're both to blame really.

...if you believe in that kind of thing, anyway ;)

• Oh yes did you know before Adam sinned everything was vegetarian?

but eating plants is ok... cos they arent living... oh no.... not atalll...

stupid controlling religion fucking corupt world...

• Quote from Walking Barefoot

starpoi and Naeni, it was actually Eve that committed the first sin. Although Adam fell for her temptation, so they're both to blame really.

I was merely quoting the answersingeneis website

I couldn't give a crap :D