When Hippy Values Fall By The Wayside...

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I'm not really proud of what i did yesterday...it was more red mist than brainpower that took control and maybe it wasn't the greatest example to set my son.
    But.....

Pugsley burst through the door in tears and out of breath..he explained how two big kids had just beaten him up and tried to steal his bike....coyote and I stormed through the back gate to have two smaller kids tell us what they saw.. mum was with them..''was awful" she said..I resisted the temptation to say ''WHY DIDN'T YOU DO SOMETHING":mad:
    we looked around..no sign of scum...

more people appeared..''i know who it was " says one young boy,"they tried to steal my bike too"..names were given (funnily enough i knew of them as they'd recently set fire to the valley)..now here's where my hippy values fell by the wayside and my Irish/welsh blood started boiling...we asked if he'd take us to them..and he agreed...but first of all i went to inform my cousin...he said give the signal and i'll back you up..my uncle tapped me on the shoulder and gave me...A PICK AXE HANDLE.....

we walked to the kids house,who btw were 15 & 16..i asked after their parents...not because i wanted to reason with them but because i wanted to find out if push came to shove could we take them in a fight:o mother was nice,"smaller than you"..dad was "a gobby twat"...my mind went back to normal mode for a few mins and i called into my nephews house who is a copper..he was out..:reddevil:

so,we got to the rough end of our village (it's an estate really) crowds of teenagers...one came over..who i recognised as our local crimewave:rolleyes: ...the bike thieves house was pointed out..funnily enough the mob were horrified that a little kid was picked on..especially by an older kid like N (dripping in gold and with a brand new bike himself)..the chavvy bastard was in his house...i knocked on the door..no answer...he was hiding in the bedroom...
    now this is where,luckily for him and me, the atmosphere changed....if he had come out I swear i would have beaten the crap out of him ..to show the little feck what it's like to be 'picked on'..(ok I am a streak of piss ,but I do PSYCHO really well,it's genetic)..as it was, the coward hid...and the kids outside started laughing at 'the wuss who was scared of someones mum and picked on kids''..coyote was doing his mean and menacing act behind me...I was clutching the pick axe handle....we made it known that if the shite EVER picks on any little kids again we'll lynch him...as we stalked away he shouted ''i'm so sorry..''...we just said ''now we know where you live''....:reddevil:

I really can't believe what we did....but,it was rather fun:reddevil: simple fact is sometimes you have to stand up to scum..you have to show your own children that Bullies DON'T ALWAYS WIN....if we had called the plod all they would have done is have a word with his parents,who, judging by his actions/attitude and the state of the house ,are little more than retards themselves...

job done..have explained to Pugsley that it is not cool to do what we did..but sometimes necessary:rolleyes:

• Ah, fond memories of the time I went hunting for a girlfriends ex with an axe handle. She got to him before I did though and had him swinging around by the hair. :o

I was disappointed by that story. I wanted you to put their windows through and threaten to burn their fucking house down the next time! :whistle:

• Quote from Atomik

Ah, fond memories of the time I went hunting for a girlfriends ex with an axe handle. She got to him before I did though and had him swinging around by the hair. :o

I was disappointed by that story. I wanted you to put their windows through and threaten to burn their fucking house down the next time! :whistle:

s'pose despite our hippy values now...when the blood boils...we get 'tribal':o

• way to go scar
    stuff hippy values(sorry guys) sometimes you have no choice
    been there hunny

just keep blaming the red mist and proberly too much mead lol

if someone hurts one of mine id kill em i think thats just maternal

• Quote from scarlettdee

s'pose despite our hippy values now...when the blood boils...we get 'tribal':o

I think the trick is to learn to take control of it. If you lose control before thinking things through, that's when you get mob-mentality and innocent people start getting hurt. There's also the issue of escalating violence - you've got to be sure that your actions will be a full stop and not a comma. No point going psycho if it's just gonna start a war you can't win - or can't win without a lot of mess. You have to pick your battles and your battlefied.

• Good one! I was thinking windows as well but that would have just been sillyo really. That chavy little wankstain will be having the piss ripped out of him left right and centre for being scared of someones mum for months for come and won't even get the sympathy for having been beaten up :D

• Probably for the best that the scumbag didn't get what he deserved - like magicmonkey I relish the idea of him having the piss taken out of him for a long time to come!

oh, and of course you know if you'd have hit him a squad of legal aid lawyers would be crawling all over the place :p

• Humiliation is way better than if you had to get violent. He's going to get mocked for weeks for being scared of someones mum!

How is Pugsley?

• I gotta say i was thirsting for blood when reading that post scar, i agree completely with your psycho tendencies in this case!
    *Joins grind metal forum and invests in throwing knives*

• Yeah!:thumbup::thumbup: Good on ya. It's 2007 and were all post punk hippys;) so we can 'ave a go -in between spliffs and listening to reggae:D

Whats wrong with folk? i'd go F**king mental if someone came round my house and said that my lad had tried to steal someones bike (he's a good kid and i know he wouldnt) but wheres the pride?

Hope the f**kwit is feeling seriously ashamed:mad:

• Pugsleys ok now :)

And lets hope the little scrote thinks twice about picking on the [STRIKETHROUGH]nutters[/STRIKETHROUGH] hippys again :reddevil:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Glad Pugsley's ok. It sounds like its worked out really well. Sometimes you have to speak another's language to get understood - any other attitude with this guy would probably have been a waste of time.
    Btw, you've written it up really well! I was hooked and cheering you on. You oughta think about writing more of this sort of stuff - I'm sure it'd sell really well

• I remember in my teens getting so fed up with the local neighbourhood louts tormenting our dog that I stood behind the wall listening to them and when the ringleader walked around bonked him over the head with the frying pan. (LOL, talk about the typical Irish woman!)
    They never bothered the dog again :D

Sometimes you do need to drop down a level to make a point with people like that, they don't tend to listen to reason or "the law".

Well done for making your point so well, it'll be good for Pugsley to know he has a mum who's there for him and isn't going to let anyone hurt him. That's an important lesson too. Kids that feel vulnerable because of bullies like that turn out much worse than kids whose parents won't break "the rules" for them.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• What's not hippy about calling someone out and giving them a good shouting at? Aren't we more likely than most to stand up for ourselves and our clan? More power to you Scar:)

A couple of local lads were throwing stones at V and her pal (who were in our garden playing BTW) - I ran out of the house like a madwoman and chased them out of our street hurling threats and curses at them. Funny, they haven't been back since...

"The lovely thing about being 40 is that you can appreciate 25 year old men more" - Colleen McCullough I'm not 40 - I'm 18 with 22 years' experience!

• Well done you anyone who picks on kids and trys to steal off them are low living, scumbag, dirty, filthy weasels who should be put in the stocks alongside their parents and have rotten tomatoes thrown at them, while the rest of the villagers chant round a bonfire in a strange language to scare them. See how they like it!

• Quote from epona_greenleaf

anyone who picks on kids and trys to steal off them are low living, scumbag, dirty, filthy weasels who should be put in the stocks alongside their parents and have rotten tomatoes thrown at them, while the rest of the villagers chant round a bonfire in a strange language to scare them. See how they like it!

Sounds like a normal day in Camborne to me :p

Seriously though, it sounds like you have done a bloody good job of sorting the git out. The fluffy social worker approach would probably have achieved fuck all.

• Scar, I think you did the right thing for sure! I would have done exactly the same. Little chav fuckwit! :mad: I do ilke the idea of him getting the shite ripped out of him mercilessly for the next few months. :reddevil: Glad your boy is OK. Well done you!

• Nice one! This is where Zen ends,and kicking ass begins grasshopper.;) Just coz you are a hippy,doesn't mean you,or your kids, are to be walked on.

• Quote from Aunty Al

Btw, you've written it up really well! I was hooked and cheering you on. You oughta think about writing more of this sort of stuff - I'm sure it'd sell really well

glad my degree was useful for something;)

maybe i'll give it a go Al...

I await the phone call from my big sister asking..''what the feck have you been doing now ? " :rolleyes:

• Quote from scarlettdee

if we had called the plod all they would have done is have a word with his parents,who, judging by his actions/attitude and the state of the house ,are little more than retards themselves...

Although yes it is sometimes necessary to police yourselves, and that this child in you case needed to be told. We know this all to well from having had a bullying issue against our eldest that today at last seems to have been resolved too...but I can't help think from what you have said about this particular bully's home and his parents, that this child is a product of a really sad and crap upbringing.... and I think I would have to have some sympathy for him in relation to this... although his actions were totally wrong and not excusable... and I would have to think how fortunate my own children are to have a loving and caring home where bullying isn't a part of their lives and maybe even their survival!!

• i agree with you to a certain extent stormy BUT i think i would (and have) done the same thing. you are prob right that he has a bad home life but i would always think of my own kids first. maybe if the police had been called they could have helped the lad in someway who knows? but in the heat of the moment i think our "proctecting our young instint" kicks in and off we go charging round the village with erm....... implements! LOL!

also i have to agree with s. surfer. if someone told me my boys were doing that id kick thier a***s! i think they would be more scared of me than someone elses mum! LOL!

• Quote from HALES

i agree with you to a certain extent stormy BUT i think i would (and have) done the same thing. you are prob right that he has a bad home life but i would always think of my own kids first. maybe if the police had been called they could have helped the lad in someway who knows? but in the heat of the moment i think our "proctecting our young instint" kicks in and off we go charging round the village with erm....... implements! LOL!

It's ok Hales, I wasn't saying don't take things into your own hands by trying to sort it yourselves, we all want to do the best by our children ...BUT I was saying spare a thought that's all before we all chant this boy down the way folks have been, as he seems to have a pretty shit home life by what has been said!!

Like you if I did find out that my boys had been doing that they would certainly get told, with consequences for their actions!!

• think my boys would never come home bless em!
    i guess we have to accept that everyone isn't raised by kind loving parents showing the wrongs and rights in the world. there seems to be a lot of it now or maybe im just more aware seeing as i am a parent myself.

• Quote from Stormypagan

I wasn't saying don't take things into your own hands by trying to sort it yourselves, we all want to do the best by our children ...BUT I was saying spare a thought that's all

I agree. Things are nearly always more complicated than they first appear, and condemning without understanding is lynch mob mentality.