My Immune System Has Gone Bye-Bye

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I've had an alergic reaction to the anti-inflamatory drugs that i was taking for my Achillies tendon problem..which resulted in me :vomit: all week...have now got a stinking head cold...my immune system seems to have gone completely AWOL:cry: and i'm feeling vile...

do any of you lovely folk out there, have any suggestions for herbal remedies,food,juices etc that will get me back on my feet again ?

• :hug:
    Kiwi and avacado are supposed be good 'superfoods' for helping the immune system. Echinacea and Goldenseal are the best herbal remedies apparently and make sure you keep drinking lots of water

• Garlic's really good for strengthening the immune system and honey helps too.

Hot herbal teas with honey and some high strength odourless garlic capsules should give you a bit of a boost.

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• I predict extra garlicy pizza for tea, followed by kiwi fruit with honey...and a cup of echinacea tea :)

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from Coyote

I predict extra garlicy pizza for tea, followed by kiwi fruit with honey...and a cup of echinacea tea :)

and us having to meet pugsleys new teachers today too...looking like biker hippies and smelling like a Roman kitchen...;)

• The advice given is great so far for maintaining a healthy immune system but if you are already feeling run down try gratefruit seed extract, as it is a natural antibiotic that won't impaired you immune system like the over use of conventional antibiotics... it will help your run down feeling with a cold etc... You can get it from most health food shops or on line :0) Hope you feel better soon :)

Grapefruit seed extract is an exceptionally powerful antibiotic, which is non-toxic. It is available in two forms: a solution in glycerine, and as a powder. The extract is made commercially by the rolling and fine grinding of grapefruit seeds and pulp from the production of grapefruit juice.
    Grapefruit seed extract inhibits and kills hundreds of different types of harmful micro-organisms, such as Staphylococcus, streptococcus, salmonella, escherichiacoli, candida and many others. It is highly effective, not only against bacteria, but also against a wide variety of viruses, fungi and parasites as well. However, it hardly affects the natural intestinal flora, which are necessary for our health. Thus it can cure an extraordinarily wide range of complaints and problems, without harmful side effects.
    Applied externally, grapefruit seed extract is effective against infections and inflammations, and a host of conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, athlete's foot, dandruff and insect bites. When taken internally, it can cure many diseases such as influenza, candida, diarrhoea and herpes. It is also effective against Heliobacterpylori, which is connected with gastric ulcers.
    Grapefruit seed extract has proved very effective against bacterial, fungal and parasitic diseases in animals, birds and fish. It also prevents rot and moulds in fruits, vegetables and plants.
    Grapefruit seed extract is being used in hospitals as a powerful antibiotic and disinfectant. It has been used for many years as a preservative in cosmetics and hygienic products. It is also useful in the treatment of drinking water, and the treatment of swimming baths and sewage-water.

• Sorry to hear you are feeling rough hun *hugs* to you.
    I know exactly how you feel - I am just now recovering from a mighty immune system crash.
    I can't really add anything to what has been said before except take it easy, get as much rest and sleep as you can and make sure your 2 men wait on you hand and foot:). And don't try to "get back to normal" til you feel 100%.

Sending you some powerful healing now...

"The lovely thing about being 40 is that you can appreciate 25 year old men more" - Colleen McCullough I'm not 40 - I'm 18 with 22 years' experience!

• Quote from Laney

I got some grapefruit seed extract after I read stormys post.. my god is that stuff bitter :eek: I was dribbling like a mad old lady for about 5 minutes :eek:

Yup that is the stuff..tis bitter ...but very beneficial :) you can put it in some juice :)

• Quote from Stormypagan

Yup that is the stuff..tis bitter ...but very beneficial :) you can put it in some juice :)

or just eat a grapefruit ?

• Quote from scarlettdee

or just eat a grapefruit ?

It's the seeds that you need and if you eat the seeds whole, they will just pass through without getting digested so I don't expect you would feel the benefits.