What constitutes neglect, or child endangerment?

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from ZEUSTA

Ok..........I give up up.........I know when I am beaten.

It's not a case of being "beaten", simply that there are lots of opinions on this thread - why should yours be more valid than anyone elses?

Just thought I would try and be a responsible caring adult who spared a thought for neglected innocent infant children left to fend for themselves alone and isolated, neglected and forgotton.

We're not discussing infants, or children left isolated, neglected and forgotten. We're discussing a mature 7 year old, who's very switched on for his age, being left alone for 5 minutes sitting on his bed reading a book with the next door neighbours keeping an ear/eye out in case an adult's needed.

I forgot to realise that were living in a period of denial, a lack of personal responsibility for ones actions, selfishness and mass stupidity.

Go ahead, leave your baby, why should I give a F**k!, go ahead and crucify me........burn me at the stake for proposing that you should nurture and protect your child!:ban:

This attitude isn't going to get you anywhere. You have no right to call people selfish or stupid simply because you don't agree with their actions.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Quote from ZEUSTA

Ok..........I give up up.........I know when I am beaten.

Surely it's not about "beating" anyone? It's aboute being able to debate an issue in a sensible adult manner.

Quote from ZEUSTA

Just thought I would try and be a responsible caring adult who spared a thought for neglected innocent infant children left to fend for themselves alone and isolated, neglected and forgotton.

That's a highly offensive comment IMHO. What gives you the right to call into question the actions of two people you know nothing about? (In this case Firinne and her son) I have left my children (aged 8 and 6) for no more than five minutes wilst I have nipped three doors down to help my elderly nighour take her insulin. I make sure that they are safe and happy, and I can SEE my front door whilst I do this. It does NOT make me a bad parent, and I can assure you that my kids are anything but alone, isolated, neglected or forgotten!

Quote from ZUESTA

I forgot to realise that were living in a period of denial, a lack of personal responsibility for ones actions, selfishness and mass stupidity.

Again, how dare you call someones' actions stupid when you do not know them? That's the sign of a norrow mind to me dude.

Quote from ZUESTA

Go ahead, leave your baby, why should I give a F**k!, go ahead and crucify me........burn me at the stake for proposing that you should nurture and protect your child!:ban:

I'm damn sure that everyone here DOES nuture and protect their children! Part of that is making them aware of being their own person and giving them confidence and a sense of self.