LUSH!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from Aunty Al

I love their bubble bath bars, especially blue clouds and white fluffy clouds. A soak in that and I'm ready to face the world again.

ditto! anything Karma is yummy too and their coconut conditioner I thinks its called cooaulin or something is fab and smells like bounties!

• Quote from velvetcollie

they do a fantatic massage bar thingy called wiccy magic muscles.
    like a natural deep heat type stuff and its great! i love their stuff.

I just bought this and it's great!

Had to resist buying anything else whilst I was in there.....so much temptation!

• Quote from starpoi

I just bought this and it's great!

Had to resist buying anything else whilst I was in there.....so much temptation!

yeh, they do soo much luverly stuff!!
    the magic muscles bar is the best thing i've ever got from there. it smells gorgeous and works a treat!!

• hehe well i bought

I can't cant even remember now

but I have a shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, deodarent and soap!

and I keep smelling myself!

inhaaaaaaaaaaaale

• damn i threw aaway the sticker! its erm..white.. and in a cut off lump ilke the soaps, so its not a bar,, it was patchouli... its really good

• Quote from starpoi

What deoderant did you get?
    I've been trying some of theirs but not had much luck.

I found their Krystal one quite good :) Is all of the Lush shampoo free from residue?

• Quote from Naeni

The shampoo and conditioner I have is in bars no idea about residue but its so nice the smell ahhhh and my hairs really soft!

The conditioner definately contains residues, you nonce :harhar:

• Quote from Darkflame

I found their Krystal one quite good :) Is all of the Lush shampoo free from residue?

Pretty much I think - apart from the bits of chamomile flowers I keep finding in my hair!
    I never know 100% because they all have strange ingredients, I just know my hair is happier than with normal shampoo and I don't get any build up in my dreads.

Not sure I could cope with Krystal, it says its not suitable for sensitive skin and I'm super sensitive.

The aromacreme is gorgeous smelling but made my armpits go hard and lumpy! It was horrible.

Quote from Naeni

damn i threw aaway the sticker! its erm..white.. and in a cut off lump ilke the soaps, so its not a bar,, it was patchouli... its really good

Aromaco - I should work there, I know their range too well!
    That stuff is great, I stopped using it in the winter because when it's cold, it hurt to rub it on! Might try it again now it's warmer.

I'm trying this but being a powder it can get messy!

• Quote from starpoi

I don't get any build up in my dreads.

Ah, excellent :) Thanks starpoi, you're a star :thumbup:

Why not try a deodorant that is just Ammonium Alum Sulphate crystals? Its great - it lasts for ages, is natural and not full of nasty chemicals. You can get some from Bionsen under the name "Deo Total Body". Might work better for you - it certainly works well for me :)

• I'm using some Lush "aromarant" deoderant at the moment, which I got as a freebie last time I was in there. I like it better that the other deoderants I've tried from them - you have to put it on wet (so I usually do it when I get out of the shower) and it works and doesn't turn my armpits red (unlike "aromacreme"). The only problem I've had is my nephew thinks it's food :insane: and I had a hard time preventing him from trying to eat it!

• Oooooh Lush! :reddevil: :whistle: The question should be what DON'T I like from there? :D Melting Marshmellow Moment bath melts, I Should Coco soap, Spank Me With Saplings shower jelly, Dream Cream, Aromaco deoderant, Happy Hippy shower gel... Erm, all the feckin' shop basically!

• Quote from sensamelia

im going to try a few things from lush
    just dont tell hubby i knicked his credit card lol

Yaay another convert! :D

• My Lush tips are:

Karma shampoo- residue free (apparently) it works well, makes your hair smell lovely and lasts for ages. my hair os pillar box red and it fade the colour though.

Buffy the Backside slayer: It exfoliates your skin and makes your skin nice and soft.

Lemslip: half soap, half mosturising, and good for using in the shower

Angels on bare skin: amazing face wash and exfoliater- it smells like lavender and leaves your skin
    noticibly clearer!

• hehe!
    could be quite funny to see reactions...
    i cant stop smelling my hair tonight..my shampoo came in the post :D ..though i guess it doesnt seem as odd as smelling armpits... :P

• I think I'm in the minority. I'm not a big fan of Lush products. I find a lot of the stuff too overpowering. If they do however remove SLS from their shampoo range I may give the stuff another try.

• ratty keeps banging on at me to try that karma stuff
    what ever the hell that is
    :)
    can anyone try explain what it smells like??
    cheers
    peace, love n unity
    l
    xxx

• Quote from frais

Hmm. I bought the Aromaco deodorant, and I just caught myself sitting here sniffing my armpits because it smells so lovely without realising it.... :eek: I hope I remember not to do that when im in public....

hahah yeah me too!!!

:D

• It's lovely i got the perfume for Christmas, one of my favourite scents and as Pixie said it's smell is very hippy. It's gorgeous.