ARGH HELP!!!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hopefully this little piggy is going to the vets! Nanie should be calling them now, and he'll be a happy popcorning piggy soon!

• Quote from Rae

Hopefully this little piggy is going to the vets! Nanie should be calling them now, and he'll be a happy popcorning piggy soon!

What did you think it was?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May all beings have happiness and create the causes of happiness.
    May they all be free from suffering and from creating the causes of suffering.
    [/FONT]

• Probably ringworm, she needs XENO 450 and antibiotic and painkiller. And have told her that pigs can die from things like this, because the scratching can cause heart attacks!! Guinea pigs are hard work!

• Ok I phoned the vets they said its hard to make a desicoin on my crap description, so ol steves got an appointment 9:50 tomorrow!

I hope its not ringworm because that means i can get it!

• You'll be fine, one of my bunnies had ringworm, and I didnt get it, so you'll be fine me dear! let us know what happens at the vets though.

• I don't think it looks like ringworm, not any that I've seen anyway. I was going to send the pic to my dad (vet) but I just found out he's bobbing about in a boat for a few days.
    Hope it goes ok at the vets :)

• I'm not too sure about ring worm, but I cant think of anything else it might be, with the dark circle and then the baldness it does look like a fungal infection. The treatment for any fungal infection is the same anyway, the only real way of telling what one it is is skin scrapes, which are very expencive and unessariy (sp) I think anyway!

• Bearing in mind im not a vet!!!! If they say he needs skin scrapes and stuff then, they know more then me, but I personally wouldn't worrie too much if they say its a fungal infection.

• The thing that gets me is that it isn't just a scab with bald bit, the middle of the scab seems to go inwards, like a puncture mark

• My dog had something like this, but it was an infection site from getting injections at the vet....:rolleyes: It was a scab with hard stuff underneath but then the scab began to come off and what came out was a hell of a lot of pus and it turned into a crater. Took ages to clear and left her with a bald patch...... Could have been a bit from the other guinea pig you had in with steve that got infected.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May all beings have happiness and create the causes of happiness.
    May they all be free from suffering and from creating the causes of suffering.
    [/FONT]

• Right got back form vets.

Hate blooming vets, gonna find another one if I can this one never seems to have much of a clue.

He prodded him for a bit and decided its a bite mark, whihc it does look like. So I'm assuming it was a bite from Hurley when I tried them the other week, and instead of healing normally Steves scratched it and irritated it.

He's on anti biotics for the next few days bless him then he should be fine, its just to make sure no nasties have got into his wound!

• The people came to pick up some piggies today (its int he please take my piggies thread) payed me in hay too they they all have tonnes of lovely hay! lifeis good!

• Wish someone would pay me in hay, I want to my pet shop today and they had teeny tiny bags that will last 10 mins with my bunnies. I have got them to order loads of stuff for me though!

• is there no farm near you you could get it from? thats the best bet, but usually hard to either get to or find someone that doesnt give you mouldy hay!

• Nah I've actually sorted a nice deal with the pet shop lady, and my bunnies have different types of hay, and loads of other stuff. They are a pain in the arse!