We've got a field!!!!!!!!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from velvetcollie

yeh, tis stoopid you cant do what you like on your own land.

Would you still say that if she was planning to build a car park or a shopping centre on that land? :whistle:

But anyways, well done and good luck starpoi, its beautiful :D

• That's incredible starpoi.... well well done !!!!!!!!!
    my friend is workin hard to get her land , she will get it
    YAY 4 LAND

life 4 land

GATHERING OF THE TRIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *sees a convoy of vw campers*

Life O' Riely !!

• I HATE estate agents.

I hate our new neighbours more, trying to steal access to our water.
    They put an offer in on the neighbouring field that was advertised as having no access to water. They got their solicitors to write into the contracts that we had to give them our water supply and hoped we wouldn't notice. Now they are getting shitty about the boundary. They said we should just the mains plumbed in, why can't they!?

We just want the field, as advertised, NOW! We've been waiting for ages and because it's not a big sale, the agents are being really slow about it.

James also said to me 'You're not turning this place into a hippy campsite, its a business you know' yeah right

• It's his money, his field, his business though.....

He's been really lovely the past month or so, maybe he was eavesdropping at the pub!

• You want to piss the neighbours off ?
    You can hold moto x races on your Feild for 28 days a year with out planing permition?
    Would you Like to know some Moto x rides I may even come out of retirement

• Who do councils think they are to dictate that one should only be able to camp upon your own land for a miserly 28 days. As long as your living in opposition to nature, respect your enviroment, live in harmony with your surroundings and not annoy anyone......why shouldn't you be allowed to live peacefully. Its seems so unfair........so frustrating!.:frust: :wall: :wall:

• Hey Love your land I have been loking for a patch of land myself in france i want to get a portible wood house on it for me and my girlfriend i have seen wood houses that you dont need permission for £8000 much better than living in a shit hole in Manchester for £100,000 ! I like the Idea of a little commune of like minded Idividuals. Whos with Me ! viva la good life !

• How do you get round the planning permission for these wooden houses you speak of!?!

I am sure you would need permission to actually live in it?

Do you have a link? :)

• hey star poi... if you two want help clearing and cleaning or gardening if im in the country next summer... i would be up for exchanging work for a little sneaky park up space (of course for no longer than 28 days :p)

• I'm not sure where we will be progress wise next summer but if we need any workers, I will let you know!

The neighbours have been twats, the estate agents slow and the solicitors slower but James finally signed the papers on Friday and shoud be officially land owners in three weeks :D

We're going to be planting a LOT of trees. We are looking at getting a grant to regenerate the existing woodland too. It's exciting!! :happydanc

• So glad to hear it's all come together for you :hug:

Would you have any use for a few oak saplings? There's a few by us are going to be torn down when the new neighbours get their planning permission and it'd be so nice to see them go to a good home ...

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Quote from starpoi

I'm not sure where we will be progress wise next summer but if we need any workers, I will let you know!

The neighbours have been twats, the estate agents slow and the solicitors slower but James finally signed the papers on Friday and shoud be officially land owners in three weeks :D

We're going to be planting a LOT of trees. We are looking at getting a grant to regenerate the existing woodland too. It's exciting!! :happydanc

Good on you both and I am really happy for you...at last you won't have anyone saying to you "get 'orf my land" hehehe

If you need any info about grants then let me know, as we have a woodland grant scheme (Forestry Commission) on our land, that earns a little bit every year for us to help maintain the trees etc......it lasts for 10 years and it is on its 7th at the mo.... but there are certain things you have to contractually maintain with a grant otherwise you are at risk of having removed or paying it back!!

Anyway, you probably know about all this already but if not I have some links if you need them :)

• That is great news. Its an amazing thing to have the right to some land to make use of well and sustainably. Is the workshop to be for making things in wood? If so, I would like to offer my services for helping to run the workshop and manage the woodland that would supply said workshop. This would be in the coming years when I have gained more experience with wood, tools and machines.

Peace,

Dr. J

• Quote from Stormypagan

Good on you both and I am really happy for you...at last you won't have anyone saying to you "get 'orf my land" hehehe

If you need any info about grants then let me know, as we have a woodland grant scheme (Forestry Commission) on our land, that earns a little bit every year for us to help maintain the trees etc......it lasts for 10 years and it is on its 7th at the mo.... but there are certain things you have to contractually maintain with a grant otherwise you are at risk of having removed or paying it back!!

Anyway, you probably know about all this already but if not I have some links if you need them :)

James ha to cover grants etc a part of his course so he know all about that stuff. He has passed all hi exams so far and only has one left which is using a chainsaw up a tree. Then he will be a proper arborist :D
    Not long now :D

That is great news. Its an amazing thing to have the right to some land to make use of well and sustainably. Is the workshop to be for making things in wood? If so, I would like to offer my services for helping to run the workshop and manage the woodland that would supply said workshop. This would be in the coming years when I have gained more experience with wood, tools and machines.

Peace,

Dr. J

Thanks but we are buying it so we can do all that ourselves!