Gong Family Unconventional Gathering

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• I saw Mother Gong with Daevid Allen a few years ago now in London :0) they were brilliant and ever so quirky hippi hehehe

Should be a good night :0)

Love and light
    Xxxx Stormy xxxX

• as-posted-by:..Sonjak-Of-Novi-Pazar

2005 Gong Uncoventional Gathering 21 Oct - 22 Oct Glastonbury

Fri 21 Oct - UK, Glastonbury, Assembly Rooms Evening - MIRROR SYSTEM (Steve & Miquette's new chilled out DJ adventure), DUBLEHEAD (Tom Brooks, Brian Abbott and friends), VISITATION (Steffe & Cheryl), SYSTEM 7 (Steve & Miquette power on)

Sat 22 Oct - UK, Glastonbury, Assembly Rooms Mid afternoon till late - EL PLAZMO (Joie Hinton, Tim Hall, Will Greenwood), KANGAROO MOON (the full hop), TIM BLAKE, GILLI SMYTH, HOUSE OF THANDOY (Mike Howlett, Here & Now's Steve Cassidy & Steve Higgins). Plus in various combinations and special guest slots Graham Clark, Theo Travis, Steffe, Basil Brooks, Orlando Allen... All compared and uniquely elucidated upon by Thom the World Poet

Only 200 tickets available.

Tckets £38.50. Payable by cheque to:

Christopher Cambridge
    18 Kent Close
    Corby
    Northants
    NN17 2TJ
    United Kingdom

More Details From
    www.unconventional-events.tk/
    http://www.planetgong.co.uk/

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• It doesn't say who plays - can someone elaborate for me on what the event is and such? I'm new to this kind of thing.

• Hi

Lifted this off the Banco De Gaia forum .. but think its pretty much the same text as is on the Gong web site

"

2005 GONG UNCOVENTIONAL GATHERING Updated Mon 26 Sep 2005 All the bands and artists involved are working away with plans to surprise, delight and generally tickle every fancy you may have at this second Gong Family (that means you too) Unconventional Gathering. Everything is stepping up several notches from last year's most excellent event - the only way is upwards. The basic cost of weekend tickets (Fri & Sat) is £38.50 (sometimes plus unavoidable bits depending on how you choose to buy them). This is not a 'regular' profit making type gig. Everything that comes in - goes out to make it a great event. Priority is being given to those who want to attend the entire weekend, but hopefully there will be tickets for those of you who can only make one day. These will be on sale on Saturday 1st October. Currently there are 102 tickets left of 200 available. Fri 21 Oct - UK, Glastonbury, Assembly Rooms (Doors 7.00pm) SYSTEM 7 Steve & Miquette power on VISITATION Steffe & Cheryl DUBLEHEAD Tom Brooks, Brian Abbott, plus Basil Brooks MIRROR SYSTEM Steve & Miquette's brilliant new chilled out DJ adventure Sat 22 Oct - UK, Glastonbury, Assembly Rooms (mid afternoon till late) UN-CON JAM: Who will it be? Ah well that would be telling. Let's just say musicians gathered from the ENTIRE weekend. Read between the lines... HOUSE OF THANDOY: Mike Howlett, Steve Higgins, Here & Now's Steve Cassidy + Theo Travis & Graham Clark TIM BLAKE: His first solo UK gig for years GILLI SMYTH, DIDIER MALHERBE & friends Graham Clark, Orlando Allen, Tim Hall KANGAROO MOON: Mark Robson, Elliet, Jerry, David...the full 6 piece hop in fact EL PLAZMO: Eat Static's Joie Hinton with 2nd keyboard player, bass, drums (Ted from Banco de Gaia) and guitar - I think All compared and uniquely elucidated upon by Thom the World Poet Ideas are coming almost faster than we can accommodate them so the outline plan above is just a very solid guide. However there are many more things to fit in than listed. All I can say is don't miss it if at all possible.

"

Cheers
    Mr K

• id love to go to this, gong have been in my life since i was about 21, and seen them a good few times, as well as, here and now, gong maison etc saw dave allen at the big green 2 years ago cant remember who he was playing with but he blew us away again!!

• Quote from Earth Whirler

Daevid Allen is around 70 years old now - can you believe it? So's Gilli too....amazing....

yeah, at the green two years ago i saw him walking around the tent where kangaroo half moon were playing and he had the most healthiest vibe ever and he was walking with a certain upright strength if that makes any sense!! QUOTE=Earth

• I will be there, I was there last year and it was a fantastic event even though Daevid Allen was not there and it only lasted a day.

Here and Now, House of Thanoy (Who are playing this year) were absolutely amazing.

I cannot believe he is 70 and so active playing with his other band University of Errors.

Fear can be a bum thing
    A silly and a dumb thing
    Fear can be the one thing
    That keeps us all apart
    Zounds

• Quote from Sanjak_of_Novi_Pazar

Amazing I only found the site today and I got my name up already.

yayaya!

copied it off your post on hip forums,,,dont like to copy without giving credit:)

You know all that money we spend on the military every year? Instead, if we use this money to feed and clothe the poor of this world, which it would do many times over, then we can explore space, inner and outer, together, as one race.

• If you like GONG then you may like this............

Shankara play Intergalactic Space Raga's / Walsall
    Shankara play Intergalactic Space Raga's at the Littleton Arms , Walsall on sunday 9th october.

• Can't wait, left my job to start a new one on Monday which is very daunting, but I am going to the unconventional gathering over the weekend which I am really looking forward to.

Anyone else going.

Fear can be a bum thing
    A silly and a dumb thing
    Fear can be the one thing
    That keeps us all apart
    Zounds

• Quote from Sanjak_of_Novi_Pazar

Can't wait, left my job to start a new one on Monday which is very daunting, but I am going to the unconventional gathering over the weekend which I am really looking forward to.

Anyone else going.

nah worked today... have fun!:p