Protests against the gas pipeline.........

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• National Grid have set the court date to begin the eviction of the Brecon Tree Camp. There will be two people representing us, if you wish to be there ring the site phone on 07903152822. The hearing is in Cardiff on Thursday 7th June in the Cardiff Civil Justice Centre at 10:30 am - court room 3 - 2 Park Street, Cardiff South Wales, Wales, CF10 1ET.

People are needed on site, machinery has been moved almost onto the site and eviction is expected from maybe Friday or Monday, if you are available to come please, please do. Ring the site phone for information or for advise on what needs doing, i.e legal support.

This is it folks… :hippy:

• Solidarity protest outside court in Cardiff today!

Pipeline and G8 solidarity protest outside court in Cardiff today as authorities attempt to evict Brecon anti-pipe tree camp.

Protesters against the monstrous pipeline plowing its way through Wales are in court tomorrow as authorities attempt to evict the 5 month old tree camp in Brecon National Park. This is just one example of how the state is fueling climate change and preventing us from protesting about it. Governments all over the world behave similarly and this week the 8 biggest leaders (G8) are meeting in Germany to make more decisions that will impose on our lives. Whilst many of our friends are in Germany protesting against this undemocratic, centralised source of power we will be protesting outside the court against all governments intruding in our lives and the environment, both locally and globally.

Be at Cardiff Civil Justice Centre, 2 Park Street at 10.30am

In solidarity with our friends in trees and on the blockades.

• Today in court a Judge ruled in National Grids favour and granted them a possession order on the land where the tree camp is. An interim injunction has also been granted banning any protesters trespassing on land where National Grid are working and any interference with machinery used by them to build the pipeline.

The protesters at the tree camp at Brecon have been told to collect their belongings and leave immediately. Bailiffs will come to remove anyone remaining on the land early next week.

Although disappointing for the protesters it was expected to go in National Grids favour as the government have already approved this pipeline and it was not expected that a Judge in a Cardiff court was going to start questioning whether National Grid should really be going ahead with this project.

The protesters can go back to court within 21 days to fight the injunction as it was felt that the injunction put before the judge was confusing and would be impossible to police effectively.

The protesters had to defend themselves in court as they were only given 4 days notice of the court hearing. They had found it impossible to get legal aid in that time and a solicitor who had offered his services had been unable to attend due to another court appearance.

See HERE for BBC report from court.

In court today they read out stuff from this thread!!! Please be careful what you write whether it be about direct actions or free parties anywhere on the WWW, big brother is watching!

• Quote from Warrior Gaia

In court today they read out stuff from this thread!!! Please be careful what you write whether it be about direct actions or free parties anywhere on the WWW, big brother is watching!

What did they read out? I don't want to have to read the whole thread again - was anything incriminating written down?

As a Greenpeace activist I can confirm that the internet is just about as safe a postcard :whistle:

• I can't remember exactly without going through the thread again myself, they were all my posts though :whistle: I have always been carefull not to say too much though but as a warning to others and those of us who might forget ourselves now and again it's worth remembering. Was weird hearing those posts read out it court. :eek:

I can't remember exactly without going through the thread again myself, they were all my posts though :whistle: I have always been carefull not to say too much though but as a warning to others and those of us who might forget ourselves now and again it's worth remembering. Was weird hearing those posts read out it court. :eek:

Did they say where they'd got it from specifically? That's bizarre ...

• They didn't read out that it was from UKhippy but they had print outs from the site that we could see and on that you can see it was UKhippy. In court he just said "this was posted by a Warrior Gaia, blah blah blah!"

Believe me they had loads of stuff from the internet! Please remember folks the ONLY safe way to relay information is in person to those you trust.

They didn't read out that it was from UKhippy but they had print outs from the site that we could see and on that you can see it was UKhippy. In court he just said "this was posted by a Warrior Gaia, blah blah blah!"

Believe me they had loads of stuff from the internet! Please remember folks the ONLY safe way to relay information is in person to those you trust.

Blimey - I'd heard of them taking immense volumes of text messages into court (in one friend's case some texts from over 5 years ago) as evidence, but not this badly. Just serves as a good reminder I guess!

• fucking bastards - when my mate was paranoid about dealing and we used to say crisps or some such shit instead of blow then we need to up it all..... so - are we gonna be cockneys..... apples and pears.... i'll be talking cockney at the site from saturday evening...... I will have me camera but will still need my mince pies....

• Quote from welshlamb

when my mate was paranoid about dealing and we used to say crisps or some such shit instead of blow then we need to up it all.....

hehehe yeh i know people who do that and i've always thought if the feds were listening in and realised you were talking about something else they might think the worst and think you were talking about crack or sommit when really it's only a bit of weed, or worse still you really are talking about crisps hehehe! :rolleyes:

• Hence the post made recently about posting stuff on here about stuff you just don't want certain people to know...

http://www.ukhippy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16263

And, as Warrior knows I have said before, becareful what you say but at the same time "don't let the bastards grind you down!!!" as we still have the right to protest even if it has been narrowed down by changes in the laws in recent years!!

hehehe yeh i know people who do that.... it's only a bit of weed,

If they're reading this all out in court is saying that a good idea ? :p

• Quote from Cybw

If they're reading this all out in court is saying that a good idea ? :p

I'm not incriminating anyone I'm just making a point about talking in 'code' :insane:

• Brecon tree camp eviction started today.

This morning a large number of police and High Court officers moved onto the tree camp. They closed the main A40 road to traffic in the early stages but it has now re-opened down to one lane.

One arrest was made quite soon into the eviction and at the time of writing this there had been 5 more arrests although we don't know who yet as they are being detained on the site and haven't been brought out yet.

There are still protesters in the trees on lock-ons, it is too early to say whether the eviction will go on through the night.

National Grid have started work on the field right next to the camp and are stripping the land as the eviction is taking place. Really just adding insult to injury to the people that are trying to defend this beautiful land.

You can make a donation towards people's fines at www.fightthepipe.co.uk

RESPECT & LOVE to all those who will be arrested over this.

FUCK YOUR PIPE NATIONAL GRID, FUCK THE GOVERNMENT FOR LETTING THIS STUPID PROJECT HAPPEN, FUCK THE POLICE & EVICTION TEAM.

We stand proud and strong knowing we are defending our beautiful earth that others want to destroy in the name of money.

They didn't read out that it was from UKhippy but they had print outs from the site that we could see and on that you can see it was UKhippy. In court he just said "this was posted by a Warrior Gaia, blah blah blah!"

Just had a worrying thought would this site (UKHippy) be in danger of being shut down? perhaps this thread should be deleted?

We are old, we are young, we are in this together... New Model Army....they still going?

• Quote from Tigerdaddy

Just had a worrying thought would this site (UKHippy) be in danger of being shut down? perhaps this thread should be deleted?

NOOOOOO way...that would be giving into them... anyway they need this forum as a free source of information so they would be shooting themselves in the foot!! It would be the last thing I did on Tribal Living...they can shut us down before I give into them!! WE STILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST!! when we start questioning whether we should write about something like this, then I worry about the future of our planet and the ethics of people like us!!

Anyway, sometimes we have to stop being afraid of them.... DON'T LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN!!

• Quote from Tigerdaddy

Are you fucking serious?? We are allowed freedom to protest you know and to make others aware. Sorry you care more about a bloody internet forum that the future of the planet. I'm sorry but I'm really pissed off at your comment, and I will refrain from saying what I really want to say right now as I am tired and upset that a beautiful piece of ancient woodland is being trashed as we speak and people who have become close friends of mine are being pulled out of trees and are going to be spending the night in the cells. :mad:

• Latest news on the eviction....

There have so far been 6 arrests made. One person has had no further action taken against him, two people have been cautioned, two people have to appear in court tomorrow in Llandrindod at 9.30am to face a charge of obstructing a bailiff in his line of duty, one person is still at the police station.

Three people are still left at the tree camp. The bailiffs have gone home for the night and will resume eviction in the morning. Two of the remaining protesters are in a tree-house and one is just sat in a tree with an umbrella. There is police and security guarding the site.

All the protesters belongings have been taken off site and they have a month to claim what is theirs.

PLEASE GET TO COURT IN LLANDRINDOD TOMORROW FOR 9.30am TO SHOW SUPPORT!!

• [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Eviction occurred Tuesday morning at ten o'clock. It happened suddenly, the roads went quite then police car, after police car after bailiff van after bailiff van came storming down the road. The site was incredible. Bailiffs were ordering people away before they had even parked their vans.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]They blocked the A40 for the morning, which caused a lot inconvenience and cancellations for the locals. Protesters, local support, press and any other spectators were kept in a pen, too far away to offer any support.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]National Grid started work on the fields next to the land before the first arrest, by the end of the day the land was indescribable.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Throughout the day the protesters remained upbeat singing and laughing although their home was being destroyed. It was a very emotional site. There were six arrests on Tuesday, all were released later that evening, three with cautions, two on bail and one with nothing. The two on bail went to court on Wednesday and were released on conditional bail and court charges of £50.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]One protester sat on his home made flying bike in the trees which caused confusion and concern for the bailiffs. Others were in treehouses and tunnels.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]On Wednesday there were another six arrests, five released with a caution and one with a court hearing.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The Fight the Pipe crew have now split into a few smaller groups to work on plans for the next stage of protesting. We will be letting you know real soon what our plans are![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Meanwhile please come and visit us at Workhouse festival next weekend where we will be in the campaigns area with a information stall.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Heartfelt thanks to all those that have sent messages of support and donations. We really are very grateful. Thank you all so much![/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Lots of Love from the FIGHT THE PIPE crew xoxox[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Meanwhile the rivers in Wales run red from the earth that has been moved during construction of the pipeline. National Grid really does have blood on it's hands as the veins of the countryside show.

MAY THEY BURN IN THE BLAZE OF THEIR FOUL WORK!!

[/FONT]

• [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Permission has been granted by the Welsh Assembly to cross Cefn Drum common with National Grid's 200 mile long LNG pipeline.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Cefn Drum is one of 7 areas of common land crossed by the pipeline. All of which have now been approved by the Welsh Assembly. One of these areas is in the middle of a Geopark and UNESCO world heritage site, and thus is of international significance. A decision that could and should have been put to a vote of our Assembly members was delegated by someone within the administration to a lowly official who has decided to approve them all. Most are protected habitats.[/FONT]

Check out our podcast from piratepods!
    The lovely people from piratepods interviewed me for a podcast about our campaign recently. Check it out
    HERE!

Heehee, very cool :D fame at last eh?