The Sunrise Celebration 2007

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from starpoi

I think that's how the Saturday ticket works anyway as it's a 'part-weekend' ticket and its £55

Blimey. Changing World are still selling tickets for £60 to 'locals' (:whistle:) for the whole festival.

• i'm still selling two tickets for £60 aswell!!

looking forward to seeing showmet and jonny!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• If I manage to get the money together before the actual weekend, I'll buy a proper ticket and go for the whole thing but that's not likely to happen.

Is there phone reception there so I can call someone when I get there or will I have just wonder around looking for hippies in a field full of them?

• Quote from starpoi

If I manage to get the money together before the actual weekend, I'll buy a proper ticket and go for the whole thing but that's not likely to happen.

Is there phone reception there so I can call someone when I get there or will I have just wonder around looking for hippies in a field full of them?

There was phone reception last year. You have my number. :D

• it's really easy to find anyway!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Are the organisers still reading this? If so....

Just to state again, I wish you every success. I have tickets that have been paid for, so I certainly don't want the festival to fail. However... I gather from very reliable sources that you're currently struggling to find sufficient stewards for the festival to go ahead? The word that was used to describe the current situation was "panic". Normally, I'd work on the assumption that this was just the usual hippy gossip, but given the number of stewards that were pissed off last year, the post on your own forum about a change in the stewarding manager at the last minute, and the notices appearing around Glastonbury asking for stewards.... I'm kinda inclined to suspect that there's more than a grain of truth to this.

Anyway... hopefully everything is sweet and you can assure our members that the festival will be going ahead without any problems. I gather you have a deadline to meet today regarding stewards, so it'd be groovy if you could confirm that you've managed to meet it. Cheers and good luck! :D

• Quote from Atomik

It does move, but really, really, really slowly. For all practical purposes, you'll find the sun rises in the same place for a good few thousand years. ;)

Phew, thanks for reassuring me ... I sometimes get it confused with the moon. Start wondering why it's so dark during the day ...

• Quote from Atomik

Are the organisers still reading this? If so....

Just to state again, I wish you every success. I have tickets that have been paid for, so I certainly don't want the festival to fail. However... I gather from very reliable sources that you're currently struggling to find sufficient stewards for the festival to go ahead? The word that was used to describe the current situation was "panic". Normally, I'd work on the assumption that this was just the usual hippy gossip, but given the number of stewards that were pissed off last year, the post on your own forum about a change in the stewarding manager at the last minute, and the notices appearing around Glastonbury asking for stewards.... I'm kinda inclined to suspect that there's more than a grain of truth to this.

Anyway... hopefully everything is sweet and you can assure our members that the festival will be going ahead without any problems. I gather you have a deadline to meet today regarding stewards, so it'd be groovy if you could confirm that you've managed to meet it. Cheers and good luck! :D

No comment then? I guess the organisers aren't reading any more. Current word on the street is they need 30 more stewards by Friday or the festival's off. Can't vouch for how true it is, so take it or leave it. I don't know what their requirements are, but if you want to go to Sunrise and you don't mind stewarding, now might be a good time to give them a call.

• i hope they manage to pull it off, despite all the problems i think this festival has got real potential. i would love to go but am at wychwood that weekend, closer to me and 2 of my favourite bands (levellers and zion train) are playing! have a great time all that go to sunrise. :hippy:

• Having asked the Question is the festi going ahead or is there lack of stewarding issue. Have been given the all clear and all systems are go for Sunrise 2007.

I understand the concerns from last year this is a new year and a new team I hope.

It always takes a few years to sort out the running problems with a new festi so lets give it a chance to grow into a good festi.

I will be stewarding and am looking forward to it.

I will be around and hope to catch up with some of you there.

G.

• went last year working with majical youth in kids field. Loved it sooo much that this year got a chairaplane ride and taking that. Quite funny really i'm now part of majical youth core crew and living in the communal farm. Amazing what difference a festival can make in a persons life!!!!!!! Watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• yep, its not looking good, but then again its been pissing down the last few days where i live............

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• My forcast said Rain, F**k off lighting, Rain, all with sunny intervals.
    Dont wish to worry any one but I is takin my Lighting conductor.
    Still be there though.

G.

• Just packing all my stuff up now.... I am going down alone but I am already meeting a few ukhippy peeps!!! Have a look at my photo on my profile, if you see me wondering around come and say hello!!!! Would be nice to meet some new people..............

'You have not seen a real women, untill you have seen a beautifal hippy girl dancing bare foot in a field'

• aagh more rain :( after small world i dont kow how much rain i can handle :(

oh well i guess ill have to deal with it... but something tells me i might not stick it out for the whole 7 days if its raining a lot.

is anyone heading down there from surrey at all?? or anywhere around here?? we need a lift (2 of us) and can help a bit with petrol or food for the journey. pm mew please :)

• Well they got that forecast wrong didn't they, it was all a bit sunny after all. Friday mornings rendition of Dark Star seemed to appear the sunshine, well it would wouldn't it. :)

Hi again to those met thanks, for the smile. A little boogie with the one or two of you was fun and Gill liked her pendant so thanks again Fleassy.

• Quote from Dapablo

Well they got that forecast wrong didn't they, it was all a bit sunny after all.

yep, i got a little bit of sun burn, and i took loads of loads of heavy waterproof/warm clothing as well................................

The festival Worked out pretty amazing I thought..... It was great!!

• Well guys hello,
    Me and TrippyHippy went along to Sunrise we were trading there. It was a brilliant festival very very family oriented, very very good vibe and atsmosphere, there was no trouble of anykind that I know of and most of the people who were there were smiling all the time.

If the festival grows and they have more people for such a big site it should be brilliant in years to come, the modern glastonbury.

Rainbows, cloudbusting, sunshine and lots of love with great music from dreadzone and egg, cant be bad at all looking forward to next year!

:whistle: :D :) :insane:

• Was an amazing festival, completely different vibefor me than last year but still beautiful in its own right.

Was lovely to meet the new people ive not met before and wonderful to see old friends again. Stu and Sam it always makes me really happy when i meet up with you two so thanks :)

And Dapablo, im glad she liked it :D Rose Quartz, the stone of love :)

• Quote from Atomik

Are you mad? :eek:

I might actually write a proper review of this festival when I get the time.

i'll take that as a "thanks Fleassy, and you know what i feel the same when we see you too" :hug:

thanks Stu :)