Luna Eclipse.

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Top pictures. Was watching the eclipse last night but didn't get to see it turn that reddy colour coz clouds came along and obscured me view. Was still lovely though whilst i could see it.

• yeah i saw it it was a suprise i didnt know there was gonna be an eclipse i was djing of a balcony looked up saw the full moon then later it was covered i thought i was tripping, glad to hear my eyes werent playing tricks on me

• These pictures are wonderful Badger - thank you for posting them:).

I sat outside on my folding chair from 2130 to 2300 watching the moon being eclipsed, with candles, incense and some nice folk music on the radio. It rained a wee bit but was worth it to see such a sight. At the moment of totality, I said these words -

"Sorrow, anger go from me
    Travel on the cosmic sea
    Ride beyond the dark waves
    Eclipsed in blackness may you be"

- in the hope that past troubles would go. I did feel like they might.

I went out intermittently to check on the return.

"The lovely thing about being 40 is that you can appreciate 25 year old men more" - Colleen McCullough I'm not 40 - I'm 18 with 22 years' experience!

• :rolleyes:

Nice piccies though badger :thumbup:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from Coyote

:rolleyes: HIPPY!!! :harhar: :D

That's Druid Hippy to you Trickster:p. Don't care - it was better than staying in and watching CSI:NY.

"The lovely thing about being 40 is that you can appreciate 25 year old men more" - Colleen McCullough I'm not 40 - I'm 18 with 22 years' experience!

• i saw it last night. all the neighbours wer'nt home and all the house lights were off and it was a beautiful clear sky.

i sat in the garden with leo, rhubarb crumble and a glass of wine and had a great time.

when you think of the sheer size of these garganutan pieces of rock floating around in space you realise how special the lining up of the planets is, and at the risk of sounding like leonard nimoy, it puts you in mind of some great cosmic dance thing

great pics btw

• Quote from Jule9

That's Druid Hippy to you Trickster:p.

:D :harhar:

Don't care - it was better than staying in and watching CSI:NY.

I agree

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from Coyote

:D :harhar:

Just dont tell Scar :eek::D:whistle:

it's LAS VEGAS CSI i like:harhar:
    and anyway..some bloody pagan you are...my offer of wild sex to fertilise our new veggie patch under a blood red moon was turned down:harhar: cos it was cold:rolleyes: :harhar:

he lies:harhar:

• I went out to see it and have decided to invest in a telescope for next time something wondrous happens :)

"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word,
    which means more to me than any other.
    That word is ENGLAND."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

• ooo wowwy lovely pictures. i didnt even no about it til i got out the cinema n had a text from jenny telling me to go see shiny eclipse so it was allready red by then but when i got home i sat on my floor in the dark watching it become shining again through the windo, was so lovely

• oh man i am totally speechless , my only wish is that i could see it for real but alas it was pouring down here still is bloody raining grrr those are really gorgeous pictures badger :)

• Lovely pics, thanks for posting them.

I didn't know there was an eclipse last night, but i saw some it (your 5th pic down) when i was queueing to get in a club. I didn't know what was going on! Was fascinating though.

• Quote from urban_ninja

Hmm, why does the shadow come from the side on badger's pictures, but here in manchester it came from the bottom?
    Any astronomers here?

I was trying to work out where the sun was in relation to the earth with it getting dark from the bottom, even considering I am at uk latitude, still couldn't work it out, diagram please...

I spent ages with a pair of ancient £5 from a charity shop binoculars trying to get them focused, saw it get dark and then red, really wierd, can see why our ancesters would have got really freaked out by it, looked like a big borble about to fall out of the sky

• We travelled down to Aunty Al and Rooks and they took us to a beutiful spot to watch the eclipse. As we were on the motor way we could watch the moon the whole way, a beautiful sight.
    Shared in Jule9's lovely words as the moon turned copper..............
    What a wonderful night.......xxxxx