I think my little brother has obsessive compulsive disorder...i was worried to start with but its got to the point where its just annoying me because he wont let anyone help him.
Hes the most stubborn person you can meet and the fact that hes 15 doesnt help as hes got all his hormones running about.
he knows its not healthy to act in the way he does but hes picking up more and more habits.
Heres a few:
- He wont drink out of certain cups
- He wont eat out of the bottom of a bowl (i upset him when i asked how you could decide where the bottom was)
- He walks down stairs backwards mumbling to himself
- Before getting into a car he has to walk past it a few yards and wipe his feet before wlking back to the car
- Sneezing is FORBIDDEN as is yawning and coughing nomatter how much i tell him that holding in a sneeze is dangerous
- Before he leaves the house he has to go round and switch every plug on then off, had a few discussions about the fact that he cant turn the freezer off
- Then theres just a few other ones like odd breathing, shaking his head and hiding his face
He knows its wrong and ive asked him to speak to someone, ive tried smashing the only cups he will drink out of to force him into doing things.
He thinks that if he doesnt do these things that something will happen, i dont know what this something is but i really think i can help him if i know what.
Anyway the point of this thread is to vent some frustration and see if anyone has any ideas on how to talk to a teenage boy about such a matter