iran

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• not any time soon, the armed forces of both america and the uk are overstretched at the minute so its just not possilbe due to manpoer shortages.

• Not gonna happen - Iran is not Iraq; if the US/UK forces invaded they would get royally shagged over in a very bad way (not to mention the mass of bombs that would get let off here and in the US itself). The US and UK govt knows this (they must!) so they love to sabre rattle but no invasion will happen.

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• What will probably happen is that the US will bomb the site of Iran's putative nuclear reactor, or "allow" the Israelis to do it. And answer Ahmedinidjad's prayers in the process.:whistle:

• Quote from mithra

What will probably happen is that the US will bomb the site of Iran's putative nuclear reactor, or "allow" the Israelis to do it. And answer Ahmedinidjad's prayers in the process.:whistle:

This is more or less my reading of the situation. Although I think America will carry out the bombing purely because it will set the world alight if Israel bombs Iran. I don't think America will have much choice in the matter, Israel have pretty much got them in a corner. They are all bloody nuts!
    In retaliation Iran will shut up middle east oil supplies and then "Bob" only knows what will happen.
    A ground war is seriously unlikely Iran isn't as fractured and fragile as Iraq, they fought a hellish war with Iraq, and I think may still have it in them to do the same with the US of A and any of their allies dumb enough to get involved.

• I think there will be a fairly comprehensive bomobing campaign, and then Iran will attack American troops in Iraq. I really see Iraq as the battleground, and I can't see America winning. They're having a hard enough time fighting the minority Sunnis. If Iran fights to get the occupying US army out and the Iraqi Shias move in then America is fucked.

That said, I'm not convinced that it's a done deal. The current US secretary of defence appears to be relatively sane, and less of a yes man.

• there's a lot of talk among certain groups of activists of rioting if they even so much as set foot in iran....

not that public opinion should effect the decision in any way.....:rolleyes:

:D

• Quote from jenni

there's a lot of talk among certain groups of activists of rioting if they even so much as set foot in iran....

I still remember the talk of revolution if the Tories won a fourth term. As usual, people decided to think about it over a few joints....

• i think its bizzare how people oppose wars, like the iraq one, fair enough the government were a little less than honest, but saddam was a human rights violating bar steward...that was reason enough! :D bring on iran the dirty arms smugglers have it coming, any country that executes women for crimes against chastity have it coming...iran are bastards, simple as that...

• Quote from Joel

i think its bizzare how people oppose wars, like the iraq one, fair enough the government were a little less than honest, but saddam was a human rights violating bar steward...that was reason enough! :D bring on iran the dirty arms smugglers have it coming, any country that executes women for crimes against chastity have it coming...iran are bastards, simple as that...

Saddam was a shit leader but he wasn't killing his people at a rate of one hundred a day, the situation we helped create is. We helped put him there and the American's helped keep him there. Saddam was the result of earlier interventions and Iraq is a good example (as is most of Africa) of where our meddling gets us.

I also don't disagree, Iran is a place I'd prefer if it was different BUT if we go after Iran who next, Sudan, China (human rights)? The USA (sponsors of terrorism)? Where do you stop, how much blood has to be spilled to remake the world the way you want it to be?

• yes why not! you've got to crack a few eggs to make an omlette! death is the human condition, war doesnt change anything, and its ideal to think otherwise, peace is a sham, its never been our nature to act as such

War is beautiful...that doesnt make me a hippy i know, and im sure that no one will agree with me, but what is this country if not for the ability to express our own beliefs:)

• Quote from Joel

yes why not! you've got to crack a few eggs to make an omlette! death is the human condition, war doesnt change anything, and its ideal to think otherwise, peace is a sham, its never been our nature to act as such

War is beautiful...that doesnt make me a hippy i know, and im sure that no one will agree with me, but what is this country if not for the ability to express our own beliefs:)

bloody hell and if that isnt a contraversial view i dont know what is, esp. on a hippy forum :p

• Quote from Joel

yes why not! you've got to crack a few eggs to make an omlette! death is the human condition, war doesnt change anything, and its ideal to think otherwise, peace is a sham, its never been our nature to act as such

Spoken like someone who's never had to watch his little sister hold her own intestines in after being ripped open by a mortar. :rolleyes:

• Quote from Atomik

Spoken like someone who's never had to watch his little sister hold her own intestines in after being ripped open by a mortar. :rolleyes:

oh dont think that i dont think that war is a horrific thing, however im merely stating that it is and always has been the human condition, and the friction from human relasionships always results in conflict no matter how minor. Im not for one minute suggesting that it is a pleasent thing.

• Quote from Joel

the friction from human relasionships always results in conflict no matter how minor.

Indeed. The question though is whether we can rise above the need to resort to violence and deal with our conflicts in a more civilised fashion. I don't see any reason why war should be inherently necessary. However, this is off-topic and is really a thread for the philosophy forum.....

• i think caution is a good thing before jumping in and going "NO TO WAR!!", i dont want to sound like the evil git whos pro-war because im really not pro war, i just feel that sometimes, its an option.

Iran however are a problem, not just against our wonderful western ideals *yawn* but against human rights through laws and ideals which perpetuate hate and violence against innocent people.

I dont think that war will happen with Iran tho, as somone above pointed out, resources are massively stretched as it is! and they'll probally just bomb them first...the old silent war treatment!

but yes, anyway, im not sure to put it that way...i dont like the way american are the bullies of the globe, but i dont like Iran either...:insane: