Mcdonalds

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• well then... thats quite informative! lol i only asked because i do have to eat there sometimes and would like to know, but i do agree with most of you, and try not to eat there when ever i can.

• It's funny how for years and years MucDonalds said they would never make and sell veggie food, and that they were purely meat all the way.... well, look how they soon bowed down to popular demand because they knew there was profit in it, and they knew that they needed to get the veggies on their side having had loads of shit from animal rights people for so long...the evil bastards!!!

Personally, even if they do do veggie food, ethically they really stink as a company, and that a lone would stop me buying their crap food.

Personally I have never had a Mucdonalds and never will.... even if they do start doing Vegan stuff...which wouldn't surprise me if they did coz hey that's their mentality... corner every market and make maximum profit out of destruction!!

• Quote from Stormypagan

It's funny how for years and years MucDonalds said they would never make and sell veggie food, and that they were purely meat all the way.... well, look how they soon bowed down to popular demand because they knew there was profit in it, and they knew that they needed to get the veggies on their side having had loads of shit from animal rights people for so long...the evil bastards!!!

Personally, even if they do do veggie food, ethically they really stink as a company, and that a lone would stop me buying their crap food.

Personally I have never had a Mucdonalds and never will.... even if they do start doing Vegan stuff...which wouldn't surprise me if they did coz hey that's their mentality... corner every market and make maximum profit out of destruction!!

They’re a company. They saw a gap in the market so they created a product to fill it with an eye to generating income for themselves. I think it’s a bit unfair to pick on one company for something every profit-making company in recorded history must be guilty of.

• Quote from Sthenno

I think it’s a bit unfair to pick on one company for something every profit-making company in recorded history must be guilty of.

Yeah but aint this thread about McDonalds and whether they are veggie-friendly or not?

• would obvi be fantastic if we had more veggie friendly restaurants around cardiff, almost all of the places here are too risky to eat the veggie food because they're really dodgy, most of the veggie food is mixed with meats, would love to be able to find somewhere to eat around here that welcomes veggies more! lol

• Quote from dreadfil

Yeah but aint this thread about McDonalds and whether they are veggie-friendly or not?

Yes, not about how they’re evil because they sell veggie food.

If you’re looking for cheap, veggie friendly fast food stacy, I personally think you’re better off at a chain outlet (not necessarily McDonald’s) than, say, a local takeaway. They will have a stricter code of conduct that they have to adhere to, and be equipped to cater for veggies separately. Of course this is a generalisation; there are some awful franchises and some great local takeaways out there, but if you are unsure it’s probably a good guide.

• I happen to work there so i think a little inside info wont go a miss here.

i can't stand the place and i wish i had the balls to quit but i need the money. plus it's pretty hard to find work anywhere else with hair as cave man like as mine.
    once i gain a little more self repect i hope to be out of there but it's not as simple as people make out. but anyway...

mcdonalds do some vegy foods but it's not 100%.in that there sometimes cooked on a sufface that has been used for meat. the vegy deli is sometimes made where meat has been used. the same with apple pies.
    i'd say the salids are the most safe. also the fries come no were near any meat.

but if your a vegy i can't see why you would want to support i company that kills so many animals any way. but i work there so can't say much about that.

sorry about spell etc.

• Yeah i think the point here is that, while the token addition of an alleged veggieburger & some synthetic salad might ease Ronald McDonald & Joe Public's consciences for a bit, the actual ethical implications for some people is akin to buying your organic veg from your local abbatoir, so maybe look elsewhere if possible.

• Quote from Sthenno

They’re a company. They saw a gap in the market so they created a product to fill it with an eye to generating income for themselves. I think it’s a bit unfair to pick on one company for something every profit-making company in recorded history must be guilty of.

But I wasn't talking about any other profit making company .... I was talking about MucDonalds who made the claim therefore it is they who are the hypocrites because it is they that said they would never sell veggie food!!

• Thanks Shaun for that insight into what goes on....and I hope you find yourself sorted soon and get away from such a an exploitative place :)

I think you have to realise to a degree, that the results of the McLibel trials could have been so much more against MucDonalds... but you have to remember that whatever was decided would then become precedent for future cases along similar lines. This could run into costing millions for the rest of the capitalist world over issues around wages, workers even the manufacture of packaging etc.....so lets face it ..it was always going to be one sided!!

• ooh, thank you for that shaun! and thanks to the other people that suggested a few other places to eat in cardiff aswell, really useful :D now i have no need for mcdonalds :D lol

• Can we stick to the topic please which is very simply:

Quote from stacy

What is safe to eat there?? Have heard that some of the stuff they mark as vegetarian isn't, and includes animal fats! Is it true that the McFlurry's have animal fat in them?? Any one that knows, please enlighten me...

....and if anyone wants to start a discussion on the evils/delights(:eek:) of Maccy D's, please start another thread.