Workhouse Festival 2007

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Hi All

Here is a taster of the line up...we are really excited...obviously more acts still to be confirmed...

Baka Beyond with the Gbine Tribe (from the Cameroon!)
    Transglobal Underground
    The Baghdaddies
    Tarantism
    Mabon
    Gone Beggin
    Kilnaboy
    Sicknote
    Inner City Unit
    Los Albertos
    The Destroyers
    Subsource
    Luminescent Orchestrii
    Orkestra del Sol

Plus cabaret, comedy, acoustic stage, workshops, Kids area, green crafts, healing area, crazy walkabout, dance tent and djs.....

All for £40 adults, £15 youth 12 and unders free (advance weekend ticket sales)
    Lots more vegan/veggie caterers on site too!

• Any good festival good time stuff happening, don't mind hearing a bit of so called Indie/pop stuff (not the music biz, one hit wonder brigade), as long as there are some talanted people sharing themselves I am up for it.

PS heard you had some shite veggie rip off caterers last year, know that you are not stupid enought to make the same mistake again, anyone confirmed to do the job properly ?

PS despite the U name am not in the slightest intrested in working.

• We have caterers sorted...yes BIG mistake last year:o ....so we have so far Wierdigans, Roots cafe and just finalising the rest...yum yum.

As for music a hugely diverse range....all that lovely summer feel festival stuff and a bit of indie pop thrown in too....we have to cater for all tastes.

I will post a list of the full line up shortly....its all looking very exciting...and I for one cant wait

By the way tickets are now on sale! xxx

• Its held in Llanfyllin, Powys....this is about 35 mins west of shrewsbury on the Welsh border. Beautiful location, stunning scenery and a really friendly weekend xx

• jooles, why do you only do a print out @ticket@ in exchange for a wristband instead of proper tickets and how reliable is the online @ticketing@ system.and i still havnt received my message about stewarding yet is work still available.

• Quote from gaz or jazz

jooles, why do you only do a print out @ticket@ in exchange for a wristband instead of proper tickets and how reliable is the online @ticketing@ system.and i still havnt received my message about stewarding yet is work still available.

The online ticketing system is perfectly safe and worked 100% last year. You can get tickets from us by post (see info page on website) but you still get sent a printout with a unique number on it. The reason we use the online method is purely to keep our costs down and remain a cheap festival keeping the ticket price low...it saves admin time and saves buying fancy non forgible tickets...and as none of us get paid ourselves you can see why we want to save on admin time! The ticket company we use is very reliable.

To stewards ...did you send an email to the steward guy by clicking on the steward box on the right hand side of home page on website? ....Please let me know and I will chase this for you...but don't worry there are loads of steward places to fill....just remembered the steward guy has been out of the country for six weeks and aims to get in touch with everyone within the next week

Hope that answers it all for you :) x

• forgot to say seeing as your from midwales...we have local ticket sales in the shops here...spar (llanfyllin), post office (meifod) and post office (llanrhaedr ym mochnant):)

• Quote from jooles

Its held in Llanfyllin, Powys....this is about 35 mins west of shrewsbury on the Welsh border. Beautiful location, stunning scenery and a really friendly weekend xx

Not that friendly we got KBd

• Quote from MrAHC

Not that friendly we got KBd

what did you do? :p

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” -Mark Twain

• Quote from Dark Scout

I should be here with Weirdigans :)

Look forward to seeing you...gonna be a great music venue attached to Wierdigans too...Jims solar powered dome...:cool: