Money- Good or Evil

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from Elliott

:D yea. it is kinda like that. i actually completly agree. im hooked :D

Junkies for Jesus :D :harhar:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from Elliott

4 accept that we're all human reguardless of any explanation of how or why and allow our hearts to be changed by accepting that its beyond our own power and ask jesus to meet with us through prayer. :) worked for me

Oh dear.

• If you could throw thousands of pounds into ANY crowd (including a crowd of hippies) and let them fight for it or give any body the chance to screw somebody over for say a million pounds I think you would see a side of human nature its best to not think about really. We're are all not very nice people.

• Quote from phil

If you could throw thousands of pounds into ANY crowd (including a crowd of hippies) and let them fight for it or give any body the chance to screw somebody over for say a million pounds I think you would see a side of human nature its best to not think about really. We're are all not very nice people.

You've only got to watch the Friday Night Project for a clear demonstration of human greed.

At the end of the show, someone dons a jacket covered in bank notes and tries to leg it through the audience. They never get more than a few feet before they're stripped bare. Greedy bastards grabbing handfuls, holding on, trying to grab more and more. Okay, if I was there and he ran past me, sure I'd probably grab one handful, one note, whatever and then let someone else have a go. Some people just can't stop themselves. Makes me cringe just thinking about it.

• Quote from Hydroxic Acid Boy

Okay, if I was there and he ran past me, sure I'd probably grab one handful, one note, whatever and then let someone else have a go.

See, I really wouldn't. I just don't care enough about money to sell out my dignity and self-respect for the entertainment of others. They can keep their fucking cash.

• Quote from Atomik

See, I really wouldn't. I just don't care enough about money to sell out my dignity and self-respect for the entertainment of others. They can keep their fucking cash.

I probably wouldn't go on the show anyway because it's crap.:D

• Quote from Atomik

Well said :) The best things in life can't be bought or sold anyway. Money can't be inherently good or evil, just like bacteria can't be "bad" or "friendly" - morality is something unique to humans.

• Quote from Atomik

I'll re respond to that, my last response was bit of a cop out.:o

I certainly wouldn't get up out of my audience seat, grab the cash man, clamber for as many notes as I could get, and yeah, sell out my dignity and self-respect for the entertainment of others like I have witnessed on the program. But if a man covered in twenties flashed past me, in easy reaching distance. I think being in that environment, it could almost be a reflex action to reach out and grab. I admire your resolution Atomik. I would like to say that I could just sit there and watch them twenties fly by but I would probably just think, oh what the heck, that'll buy us a few beers after the show or pay for the train fare.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that as far as money is concerned, if someone or some corporation (CH4) is giving it away, I'm game, but not game enough to make a complete cock of myself. I think there is a difference there somewhere.:o

• Money doesn't really have any inherent nature, its just inanimate objects and social contract after all. Good or evil can be done with money, it depends on the nature of the one who holds it, or preferably the many.

• Quote from Elliott

ask jesus to meet with us through prayer.

turn to religion? - ha! - the church is a massive landowner, and still want people to give money every sunday.... and then charge more if you want anything like a christening, marriage, burial there...

swap money for brussels sprouts.. a vegetable euro...

• Quote from Atomik

Posts deleted. I'm not having yet another thread hijacked and turned into a discussion about the rights and wrongs of christianity. Back on topic please.

dont blame me. i didnt start it

• Quote from Atomik

I didn't blame you and I don't care who started it. The comment was aimed at everyone.

ok thats good then