Humbled by nature

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Sometimes when I'm outdoors in a beautiful place, i feel so in awe of nature, it makes me feel so insignificant in the scheme of things, and i love that feeling. This particularly happens when I'm up somewhere high (i don't mean on drugs), like a hill or mountain where I am looking down on the beauty of the natural world. I just feel so insignificant and strangely it makes me feel better about everything. I mean, what do all those stupid little problems in my life matter when I'm just this tiny tiny spec in the universe?

When I mentioned this to someone, they didn't understand how feeling insignificant in this way, could make me smile, but it does.

• i can see the sea from my window and it really is beautiful...and expansive, but when i go to sleep at night i have dreams of floods and tsunamis. whas that all about then? i think i bypassed humbled by nature and moved straight onto bloody terrified lol.
    and it's true...hardly anyone looks up, they should, especially if they go to newcastle cause they'll see inch (graffiti artist) and wonder how the fook he managed to get a tag up there!

• The most wonderful thing about nature is you are a part of it.......guess its only our ego that trys to set us a part, all that beauty is a part of you and you are a part of it.:)

• this is the stuff i atempt to think about whne im down. it doesnt always work though, why do we always seem to create so many problems for ourselves! people are silly

• I love watchin the birds outside the livin room window feedin on the nuts and seeds and fat balls I hung up there :) Today has been a buzy day.. Robins, Chaffinches, Blue Tits, Great Tits, and the sparrows scavenge for bits on the floor as do the blackbirds :) Yeah nature is a great leveller for me.. don't matter what's going on in my life.. that big old wheel keeps on turning and the animal kingdom just gets on with what they have to get on with.. great leveller :)

• I like the more secluded and ragged bits of nature....bits that arnt managed or "supervised" or even noticed by anyone. Driving down to the pointy bit I passed by a few places but too many are either built up :( or sterylised even if in the "countryside" :(

But then I get to dartmoor, and although I sooooo wish it was wooded with wild boar, deer and wolves, :D it still has an aura of :finger: to the arrogance of humans who think everything should be shiny and orderly

:D

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• mmm i've always got my eye on the sky
    something i always notice when riding my bike at night is the way streetlights/moonlight shine on trees and light them up in strange and beautiful ways :)
    xx

i don't know where the sun beams end and the star light begins.. it's all a mystery

• Quote from the gardener

The most wonderful thing about nature is you are a part of it.......guess its only our ego that trys to set us a part, all that beauty is a part of you and you are a part of it.:)

thanks for pointing that out dude :)....

guys, i feel this in every moment...i step in a puddle and i think wow! its a puddle!...or i walk past a tree and its amazing that it exists....maybe its the sun peaking into the courtyard....or not....it could be the sight of the grey sky....or one of my personal favourites - waking up in the morning lying on grass....it feels...right....:) :) :)

i feel humble in the face of the natural earth, but i dont feel crushed....i feel embraced and treasured....:hug:

• Quote from the gardener

The most wonderful thing about nature is you are a part of it.......guess its only our ego that trys to set us a part, all that beauty is a part of you and you are a part of it.:)

Quote from jenni

i feel humble in the face of the natural earth, but i dont feel crushed....i feel embraced and treasured....

:) Yes, i agree. Although i feel too many people try too hard to set themselves apart from it.

• I spend most of my time in nature. I live next to the Avon and kennett canal. Its so beautiful.
    On my walk the other day, I saw a barn owl bathing in the sun, lots of kingfishers and herons, a woodpecker, a fox, a family of deer, swans and ducks and also met a nice birdwatcher, who showed me a hawk. Everything was was so perfect, I felt like a little child listening to the ice braking as the canal boats pushed though, The sun was shinning and the sky so beautiful. As the sun melted the ice on the trees to cause water drops, I just covered my self with it and saw it as my gift from nature, didnt want this day to ever end.

Paula

• Especially if you take the God thing out of the equation. Get 'The Origin of the Species' under your belt and look again. Look at yourself, look at that blue whale adapted so well to it's environment. Just the fact that I am sat here tapping away on this keyboard, it is such an astronomically ridiculous odds against that makes me think how fooking great it is to be here.

Meaning of life?

Do we actually need one.

I don't.:D