Who would believe it!!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Well it has happened..I have gone vegetarian....Who would have thought it after all the arguments I have had with dok over the subject defending my (ex) meat eating ways....

Basically my enjoyment of meat has now been surpassed by my conscience.....I would rather now see a cow alive and living its life than be enjoying a burger.....It has been kind of hard as I won't lie I absolutely love the taste of meat, but I can now go to sleep at night with a clear conscience, which I think makes up for that slightly hungry feeling everytime...

I have already discovered lots of very nice food which as a meat eater I would never have tried......

Am on day 15 so far so hopefully can carry this on into the future

• Brilliant! I love the taste of meat too, but somehow im on my way to 3 years without it. Good luck! :)

• Was thinking about it before, this is my first proper go at it..Am on day 24 now and loving it...... I feel a lot healthier though that may be psychosomatic..

• What kind of things have you been eating then? I've been thinking of going veggie for some time

• Quote from koolaid

Was thinking about it before, this is my first proper go at it..Am on day 24 now and loving it...... I feel a lot healthier though that may be psychosomatic..

If it helps, remember that nothing turns a chick on like compassion. ;)

• Quote from koolaid

Was thinking about it before, this is my first proper go at it..Am on day 24 now and loving it...... I feel a lot healthier though that may be psychosomatic..

no i bet thats real!!! you'll prob forget the taste after a while and start loving quorn or something .. graonose do really nice alternatives .. vege protein burges and sausages they're lush!! and cheap!! 99p for a pack of 4 burgers or 6 sausages!!! :insane:

• Good one mate. Not a complete veggie myself as I will eat fish occassionally but that is rare. Stopped eatin meat 18 years ago now and not really looked back One thing for sure it has turned me into a brilliant cook, well I think so anyway.

Still got mates(?) who take the piss though, bloody heathens.

• Quote from koolaid

Well it has happened..I have gone vegetarian....Who would have thought it after all the arguments I have had with dok over the subject defending my (ex) meat eating ways....

...... I absolutely love the taste of meat, but I can now go to sleep at night with a clear conscience,

Bloody, no, errrr, greenly well done, dude! If only those animals which you aren't going to harm could be told (and understand!), the good news.

Some folks are veggie for no other reason than that they can't stand the taste of meat and they seem to resolutely hold to that one position - I don't understand why. For a real veggie / vegan I'm sure that the taste of meat is hardly relevant, if at all.

And I'm sure dok's right about the thinkists. A coupla years ago I got into a long, long veggie / vegan "debate" on another forum and there was lots of nastiness from a few folks, but part way through a chap turned up, contributed just a few sensible questions and returned two days later to say that he'd discussed it with his wife and the whole family had immediately become vegans. He said that once they knew the score, nothing else made sense.

• I agree Milo well said :D I have been veggie for 30 years and vegan for over 5 and I loved the taste of eating meat.is much more than just that

• OMG I could kiss you hehehe... ok sorry I know that must be a bit frightening for you ...but I say this after the run I had with you in relation to all this, back when the forum first started... anyway, cooooool and good to hear :)

• Ok I am back again after being really busy and here's an update on my vegetarianism.....

Is now May 16th and still not one piece of meat...I am well proud of myself...To be honest the thought of meat now is abhorrent....I don't know why I didn't do this before....

and for the first time in my life...I admit I was wrong over the whole veggie thing....It is definately a better way to live :D