Show off your pets!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• not my doggy but my boyfriends dog and seeing as im over there most of the time...now he is mine lol....keep meaning tot ake him home with me..but im sure they will notice him gone :(

Toby --yes i think ...its..a stupid puffy name for a dog but seeing as hes really soft and if he were humen..im sure hed be camp :p...suits him sorta :p.

anyways

Life is like a Flower - Nurture it and let it grow and it shall bloom - just give it time - Kiera Loxley D/Ceda Barra

• our new baby kitty .. just picked him up tonight .. he doesn't have a name yet, as we haven't settled on one ;)

in case you are wondering, there's so much hand action involved in the photos because he's still really curious about his new home and won't sit still .. though the last shot he was being played with :D

• Quote from darth vader

If I'm computer savvy enough, below will pictures of Mab, my siberian Husky puppy.

Awwww, I LOVE HUSKIES as well! Mab is stunning! How old? :) Where i like i always meet a Husky in the park and Lola loves to play with her, the dude lets her off the lead and its lush to see her running free :)

You have to be quite carefull with Huskies when your out and about dont you? Id love to get one one day, they are my favorite dogs, they look like wolves which is lush :)

• Quote from Perthite

any particular reason why? one of my exes had a husky and we had no problem taking her out

Yeah, i've heard that they are the sort of dog that if they clock something, i.e. a deer or fox or something like that, they will just run and run and run and run and never return :( They still have a lot of wolf instinctive behavior left in them that has been bred out of other breeds so they tend to a bit "wilder" lol But thats what i love about them :)

Nearly every huskie owner i chat to says they just cant let them off if there is any risk of them chasing something. Although i've never had one myself so i can only go on what i've heard and what i've studied in the past :)

• Quote from doodlebug

Yeah, i've heard that they are the sort of dog that if they clock something, i.e. a deer or fox or something like that, they will just run and run and run and run and never return :( They still have a lot of wolf instinctive behavior left in them that has been bred out of other breeds so they tend to a bit "wilder" lol But thats what i love about them :)

Nearly every huskie owner i chat to says they just cant let them off if there is any risk of them chasing something. Although i've never had one myself so i can only go on what i've heard and what i've studied in the past :)

YEP! All "Sibe" (short for siberian huskies)oweners are adament you should NEVER let your husky off the lead. they exercise them by running then in harness with wheeled sleds n things.

I comprimse by letting Mab off in a couple of small parks near us that are fenced off, so she cant go very far.

They are very intelligent and quite wolfie wild. A normal dog will bound over to you when you call them all happy and waggy for a pat.

A Sibe will deign to look at you and say "Fuck off I'm busy. I'll come back when I want."

Mab was 3 and half months old in the photo's she's nearly five months now.
    Keeps me on my toes! She figured out how to open the fridge and she ate the cheesecake that my 8yearold spent all day making:reddevil:;)

They are lovely dogs and Mab looks just like a wolf, its freaky! But their bloody hard work!!

• Yeah thats what Shakira's (silly name for a Huskie lol) owners do in the park by me, its fenced off so its fine, i guess as you say, it just takes a bit more thought when doing stuff with her.

Yeah, thats the thing i love about huskies and malamut's is that they are so close to Wolves, but then i guess that represents its own issues.

I guess you have to be carefull to keep her as very much part of a sort of pack system dont you? :)

• Quote from doodlebug

Yeah thats what Shakira's (silly name for a Huskie lol) owners do in the park by me, its fenced off so its fine, i guess as you say, it just takes a bit more thought when doing stuff with her.

Yeah, thats the thing i love about huskies and malamut's is that they are so close to Wolves, but then i guess that represents its own issues.

I guess you have to be carefull to keep her as very much part of a sort of pack system dont you? :)

I try to keep her bottom of the pack. I def pack leader I'm a wolf totem person and very good with dogs. My 10year old lurcher whose a hard as nails site dog cant top her though!! and neither can my 8 yearold girl. But my 2 year old girl is quite happy to literaly sit on her head and growl "NO!"

Her mothers daughter I think .....:angel:

• You don't get a husky because you "like wolves", I'll tell you that much. They are very dominant dogs (I trained a few) - back home I'd see them a lot with single males, and more often than not the dog would have to be rehomed when said male got a girlfriend, because the dog was NOT having someone else step into its pack and usurping its authority. When it came to regular nookie or the dog, the dog usually lost, and had to be placed somewhere else.

Not for the faint of heart! But if the dominance wasn't an issue, I would have one myself, however with my son as he is I needed a dog who was very VERY chilled around unpredictable behaviour. Can't get much more chilled than a leonberger, I'm finding. And now, she didn't stay this small for long, she's the size of a golden retriever now at four months.

• Hehe, an ex of mine got his bum OPENED UP by a cat who wasn't digging what he was doing while in the moment. She beat him like a redheaded stepchild, that relationship didn't last long.

• Quote from Oya'sDaughter

You don't get a husky because you "like wolves", I'll tell you that much. They are very dominant dogs (I trained a few) - back home I'd see them a lot with single males, and more often than not the dog would have to be rehomed when said male got a girlfriend, because the dog was NOT having someone else step into its pack and usurping its authority. When it came to regular nookie or the dog, the dog usually lost, and had to be placed somewhere else.

Not for the faint of heart! But if the dominance wasn't an issue, I would have one myself, however with my son as he is I needed a dog who was very VERY chilled around unpredictable behaviour. Can't get much more chilled than a leonberger, I'm finding. And now, she didn't stay this small for long, she's the size of a golden retriever now at four months.

So many people get huskies because of the "strut" factor. "Look at me am so hard and cool I have a wolf on a leash":rolleyes::rolleyes:

fecking sad. especially when it goes tits up!

huskies are very very good with children. (the main reason I went for one)Mab is'nt bothered by my sons mental behaviour. But yeah A more mellow dog would be alot easier......

Your pup is lush, I've never heard of that breed before. Are they big slow glumpfing slobber on you sort of dogs?

• Quote from Oya'sDaughter

You don't get a husky because you "like wolves", I'll tell you that much. They are very dominant dogs (I trained a few) - back home I'd see them a lot with single males, and more often than not the dog would have to be rehomed when said male got a girlfriend, because the dog was NOT having someone else step into its pack and usurping its authority. When it came to regular nookie or the dog, the dog usually lost, and had to be placed somewhere else.

Ah now, i said i like them because they are like wolves, i wouldnt get one for that reason :)

• No worries mate, but there are people who DO which is a bit eek. If you're not one, then no harm atall.

Quote from darth vader

Your pup is lush, I've never heard of that breed before. Are they big slow glumpfing slobber on you sort of dogs?

They're big (HUGE) they can gallump, and she loves water (webbed toes) but out of all the big dog breeds, these are the most adaptable and people friendly. She doesn't slobber (what is called a dry mouth), she doesn't take up tonnes of room when she sleeps, as they prefer to curl up, and they're very adaptable around the house, taking their cue from the goins on in the house itself. Our girl, rather than doing usual puppy behaviour tends to sit back and watch and sort of assess situations before getting into the mix. Of course, there's times when she has the "mad half hour" when she goes utterly mental but for the most part she's brilliant. No barking (Leos aren't major barkers, but if they do bark, they mean it), she puts up with a lot from my son, and when she's had enough she just gets up and goes away, but she's happy to instigate play too - they play a chase game round and round which is adorable to watch, back and forth, and their favourite games.

Having the dog around means sprog is calmer and he's learning about being responsible and giving commands and being consistent. I'm so proud of both of 'em.

• Hehe, sounds like a lush dog :) Also, its great that your sprog is learning about responsibility, i think its great when kids have the opportunity to learn how to care for animals when they are young :)

• my girls... collieX carlycarbeepbeep who is about 8, a beautiful rescue in the latter stages of metastatic carcinoma:( and loobylou the indestructable 9 year old jack russell