Show off your pets!

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Here is Ricky, my 1-year old Sheltie. After a busy day of chasing squirrels, running through the sprinklers, teasing Lucy, my beagle, barking at trucks - ambulances - firework & more, he grabbed onto his teddy bear blanket and fell asleep. Good night, Ricky.

• this is friskey bob... originally called friskey, named by the guy who lives across the road... basically they had 3 guinea pigs- 2 male, one female, they let the female in with one of the males, and 4 babies were produced. 2 male, 2 female. we were gona get the females (mosey and pansy) but in the end it was decided we should get the males (friskey and lupin) coz they couldnt keep them with their mother, super insest! and couldnt put them in with the males, super wars! and they didnt want to have a 3rd guinea pig cage coz they were trying to cut down on the amount of animals running around the garden, house everywhere!

so friskey and lupin came and stayed with us in the newly renovated rabbit hutch that had been abandoned for years, it was like a hotel for those guys...

then came the jokes, me and my mate (it was her fault, she started it) started taking the mickey out of friskeys name, so my sister changed it to bob. but i said that the poor thing would get confused so he became friskey bob!!

poor lupin died back in november in the cold, so friskeys been in doors all over xmas getting loads of attention, including special lessons in typing on my laptop!!

hes so old now, must be about 5 1/2years, think we got them in 2000...

:D he even looks up when you call his name... and when hes hungry he strains to see out the box hes half living in indoors. but he doesnt squeak anymore now lupins gone, but he does purr when you stroke him!!

ive written a lot

• This is my damn fool dog making a damn fool of himself outside my bedroom window. His name is Satchmo, and he talks. Non-stop. Not in English though obviously....I think it's in Portugese...

(By the way, I live in a bungalow, Satch isn't just incredibly tall.)

• Quote from random_spontaneosity

:eek: scuse me?? i dont understand, either being stupid or just being stupid...

In the photo the newspaper looks a bit like a ciggarette. i think thats what she meant...

gorgeous photots must get some of mine up soon...
    In Dharma,
    Uma
    x x x

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May all beings have happiness and create the causes of happiness.
    May they all be free from suffering and from creating the causes of suffering.
    [/FONT]

• Quote from random_spontaneosity

:eek: scuse me?? i dont understand, either being stupid or just being stupid...

in the pic in its food bowl it looked like two ciggies...i was being flippant...so sorry... :eek:

• Quote from pabsy

in the pic in its food bowl it looked like two ciggies...i was being flippant...so sorry... :eek:

oh ok... cheers uma as well... i do see what you mean!!!

i love schildpad's shell, so pretty

• Yeye, lovely animal pictures! you can really see personality in that picture of Satchmo.

This is Fuzzypegs:

The picture is thanks to Dok. The reserved, slightly pompous, slightly moody look is a Fuzzypegs classic :D. She's such a close friend though. The sort of friend who you can understand even when she's in a foul mood.

Love,
    Sunny
    xxx

• I only have 3 cats at the moment..

This is guy.. my special boy!!

This is his brother.. Joey!!

..and their mother Phoebe or feeeeeeeeeeeebs

My bestest friends in the whole wide world!!:D

• yey! The first is me with my soul mate Dale, who is a miniture shetland-must get a pic of his brother Chip up at somepoint too. And the other one is me with my half horse, Basil(long story) Hes an Irish cob and wonderful!:D
    In Dharma,
    Uma
    x x x

Quite good pics for me taking them myself on my phone camera eh?:insane:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May all beings have happiness and create the causes of happiness.
    May they all be free from suffering and from creating the causes of suffering.
    [/FONT]

• With thanks to Freeserve, who have kept all my photos on their webspace up despite me canclling my Freeserve account years ago, here is Rosie at Christmas a few years ago.

Don't let the doe-eyed look fool you. She can be a vicious little sod when she wants to be...

(Yes, we buy Christmas presents for her. And she opens them. She loves opening them - so much so, that she ends up trying to open ours as well)

• Yeah he is starting to get a lot bigger now...And very very mischevious....He is currently eating my door frame as we speak the little monster :)...Here is one I just took of him