Edinburgh photos

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Chris and I went to Edinburgh at the weekend.

Chris on the Sleeper (Friday night):

The sunrise (just after 7 on Saturday morning) - taken from by the castle

Looking up at the castle from a sidestreet

Arthur's seat

Looking towards Princes Street from Calton Hill

Hollyroodhouse

• I'd say its a lovely city too, but I wouldn't come during the festival if you want to get a feel of what the city is really like. So many people come then and then want to move here thinking its like that all the time. I personally can't stand the festival-thank god I won't be living here again during the festival :D :D Beautiful piccies.
    AnnieAnne, did you know that Calton Hill is where they hold the Beltane festival every year in edin. Just some random info for you:)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May all beings have happiness and create the causes of happiness.
    May they all be free from suffering and from creating the causes of suffering.
    [/FONT]

• what? whaddya mean you can't stand edinburhg during the festival?!?!?! its the best time! there's SO fucking much going on its brilliant. i'd love it if edinburgh was always that busy its so exciting and involving!

• Quote from Perthite

what? whaddya mean you can't stand edinburhg during the festival?!?!?! its the best time! there's SO fucking much going on its brilliant. i'd love it if edinburgh was always that busy its so exciting and involving!

Have you ever been in a rush and trying to get somewhere during it? Or worked near the royal mile with 10000s of tourists treating you like shit and very rudely asking for directions? Hmmmm nope just not for me, love the city but not the glammed up drunken fest...:whistle:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]May all beings have happiness and create the causes of happiness.
    May they all be free from suffering and from creating the causes of suffering.
    [/FONT]

• yes, every single day i worked in edinburgh cowgate for the whole summer! you get used to it! its easy to get through crowds of people you just have to be an asshole too if need be, or take a different route. edinburgh is FULL of wee closes and short cuts.

the festival is not a glammed up drunken fest. firstly you need to get to T in the park to know what a real scottish drunk fest is. then you need to open your eyes to the sheerly wonderful amount of art and culture that comes to edinburhg with the festival and what a great oppourtunity it is go get involved with so much that's going on across the globe in the arts! there is SO SO SO much happening during the festival. you should be out appreciating every second of it going to shows around the clock unless you're in your own until you collapse or run out of money!

anywhoo. enough of this we're ruining someone's thread:whistle:

• its actaully a shame you came in winter, the lighting for the photos is terrible because of the sun. the views are so much more colourful during the summer.

• Quote from zardoz

Great photos
    Edinburgh really is a beautiful city

yer I'm with you on that one
    Do they still fire the cannon ?
    Bloody thing i nearly sh*t myself when that went of I tought the scots had notices i was English LOL

• Quote from joss

yer I'm with you on that one
    Do they still fire the cannon ?
    Bloody thing i nearly sh*t myself when that went of I tought the scots had notices i was English LOL

Yeah, they still fire it at 1 pm each day. I'll tell you, it's made me jump on Princes Street around that time once or twice...

:eek:

• aw man i love edinburgh.. lovely pics..
    they really remind me of my ex though as he lived there for three months over easter.. :(
    such a gorgeous place with such a nice vibe, feels a bit like a different world..

i don't know where the sun beams end and the star light begins.. it's all a mystery