What did you eat for your dinner [veggie/vegan]

Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• Quote from fairygirl

I had that yesterday but with allotment leeks yummy! think I am addicted to mash, if it's possible

Cheesy mash rocks :)

Try it mixing regular spuds and sweet potatoes along with the cheese :D

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Last night I made singapore noodles and subsequently burned my mouth...
    The husband enjoyed it though.
    Oh and then we had yummy fresh popcorn while watching the new version of The Wickerman.

• Veggie patties - potato, sweet potato and spinach all mashed up with some paprika and chilli powder. Shape it into round patties and pop them in the frying pan for a minute on each side. Then scoff them!

• Quote from Rusalka

Veggie patties - potato, sweet potato and spinach all mashed up with some paprika and chilli powder. Shape it into round patties and pop them in the frying pan for a minute on each side. Then scoff them!

Oooooooo they sound GOOD :D :long:

"The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do."

• Quote from Rusalka

Veggie patties - potato, sweet potato and spinach all mashed up with some paprika and chilli powder. Shape it into round patties and pop them in the frying pan for a minute on each side. Then scoff them!

That is pretty much what I had! just swap the spinach for leeks :D
    yum

• Quote from philanthropy

Not very exciting but always tastes better than soup from a can.

Homemade soup is always better than canned soup!! And much healthier too :D

Ever made brocoli & stilton soup? It's scrum!!!

• Quote from Earth Whirler

Homemade soup is always better than canned soup!! And much healthier too :D

Ever made brocoli & stilton soup? It's scrum!!!

No but I've tried the powdery stuff that comes in a packet :o :vomit: Not quite sure how I'd go about adding cheese to soup

• Quote from philanthropy

No but I've tried the powdery stuff that comes in a packet :o :vomit: Not quite sure how I'd go about adding cheese to soup

Make soup like normal - then add cheese!!! :D Seriously, cook up some onion, potato and brocoli, add stock then just before it's ready to serve, blend, add some cut up stilton or other blue cheese, stir it in over the heat until melted, then serve!

And back to topic....

Tonight I made mushroom carbonara. :)

• Poo, this is why I dislike work...All my creative cooking juices have dried up :( Get home and cant be arsed. Not having many things to cook with doesnt help either mind!

Think tonight I will be making a thai concuction or whatever is left in the kitchen.

• had yummy dinner yesterday, roast spuds, parsnips and peppers with quorn fillets in a honey and mustard marinade thingy, with steamed vegetables and onion and port gravy, lovin onion gravy at the mo! Oh and rhubarb crumble.

• Well my Dad's box of goodies really did bring back my passion and desire for cooking :happydanc

Tonight i made a gorgeous thai/indian curry using minced thai basil, corriander, galangal, thai red paste, corriander root with butternut squash and few mixed veggies. Once again feel so happy with cooking and made the rest of the night all that more enjoyable :D :D

• Had a bit of an overload of orange and green this evening.

Left over butternut squash and spinach curry with green beans and mashed carrot and suede.

• yumyumyum just made 'quinoa paella' (no it hasn't got fish in it !!)
    and it tastes awesome :) check out the veggie recipes if you fancy it :D
    love & hugs xx

i don't know where the sun beams end and the star light begins.. it's all a mystery