Welcome to UKHIppy2764@2x.png

UKHippy is a long running online community and of likeminded people exploring all interpretations on what it means to be living an alternative lifestyle -- we welcome discussions on everything related to sustainability, the environment, alternative spirituality, music, festivals, politics and more -- membership of this website is free but supported by the community.

• At the weekend, I was talking to my friend about her 12 year-old daugther, who is becoming almost obsessed with removing her body hair.

It got me thinking. So - people of both genders, how hairy are you? Do you remove any of your body hair? If so, from where, and why? What about if you see someone who's really hairy - What do you think? Why do you think we feel the need to remove body hair?

• Beyond preventing myself from growing a monobrow I don't remove any body hair and I don't really care if others do either. So long as its not sharp I'm happy really.

• I prune back me tash when it starts drooping into me beer, but other than that I would no sooner remove the hair from any part of my anatomy as I would cut off a toe or finger - my hair is just as much a part of me as they are :p Hair is nature's insulation - it grows for a good reason so why cut it off or pluck it out?:insane:

• i shave my armpits and legs, although saying that i havent shaved my legs in a good few weeks and they are now in competition with jennis ;)

• Quote from Hannah

i shave my armpits and legs, although saying that i havent shaved my legs in a good few weeks and they are now in competition with jennis ;)

You shave your face too - I've never seen you with facial hair to speak of...

• Quote from Darkflame

You shave your face too - I've never seen you with facial hair to speak of...

ah yeah, with me now being a man :rolleyes:

actually you havent seen a recent pic of me, its rather hairy now :harhar:

• I shave my legs and underarms at the moment. Once I become a student again it is my intention to stop shaving completely..hurray :) the reason being once I am a student again I wont have to keep up a certain image for the place I work. I dont want to feel like I have to change a very earthy natural part of myself for other people.

• Quote from Hannah

actually you havent seen a recent pic of me, its rather hairy now :harhar:

Prove it!

Actually, I think my face is about the only bit that isn't hairy.

• Quote from Hannah

i shave my armpits and legs, although saying that i havent shaved my legs in a good few weeks and they are now in competition with jennis ;)

pah!!

you got nothing on me....aaaaand....i have way more facial hair!! :reddevil:

yeah....umm....i don't do anything to my body hair except grow it....and occasionally it gets a shower....mwhahaha....but according to peacepiper my legs are bald....i think the summer bleached all my hair or summat....:D

• Quote from Joel

eeeek i like most men simply shave my face

however im very very very anti women with body hair..vile!!!! viiiille!!!!!!!:eek:

as a woman with body hair.....i in no way resent that whatsoever cos its funny to gross people out....:harhar:

especially evil people who destroy their beautiful facial hair....if you dont want it i'll have it!!! :insane:

• Quote from Joel

however im very very very anti women with body hair..vile!!!! viiiille!!!!!!!:eek:

But why? It's natural.

• I love my razor...but the same as you anne. i go a bit easier on mysel in the winter...extra warmth and all that!!!
    A friend of mines 14 yo daughter went to the extreme of cutting her eyelashes...whats all that about???!!!
    Imx

• Quote from jenni

as a woman with body hair.....i in no way resent that whatsoever cos its funny to gross people out....:harhar:

especially evil people who destroy their beautiful facial hair....if you dont want it i'll have it!!! :insane:

yeah! i dunno, i have lots of female mates that dont shave their arm pits or legs...but it totally grosses me out!

and i shave...just because i dont believe in beards before 35 :D

Quote from AnnieAnne

But why? It's natural.

That may be the case, but so is women breast feeding, and men providing for women, or killing animals for food

but i dont do those things, just hair grosses me out, i link body hair with men, and i dont find men attractive...plus i want something smooth to stroke! i dont want to stroke steve irwins bush man legs...no thank you!

Quote from Atomik

The dangers of not learning the correct use of punctuation. :whistle:

hahaha

welll next time i will learn!:D

• I started shaving at about age 12..:eek: .. I wish I could go back in time and knock some sense into myself. If I hadn't started shaving then the hair would probably be a lot less thick and dark now.

• Quote from Joel

i want something smooth to stroke!

My legs feel nice and smooth, as long as you stroke them in the right direction! - like fur.

• Quote from AnnieAnne

My legs feel nice and smooth, as long as you stroke them in the right direction! - like fur.

yeah i dont want man stubble on the way back up! haha:D

• Hey Jenni! Do you want to have a "who's got the hariest legs?" competition? Purely in the intrests of science of course (and in the intrest of freaking Joel out)

• Quote from AnnieAnne

Hey Jenni! Do you want to have a "who's got the hariest legs?" competition? Purely in the intrests of science of course (and in the intrest of freaking Joel out)

sure, why not!?!

but my leg hair is barely visible its very sad :(....pah, soon it shall grow thick and dark :whistle: !!

i have some hairs that are an inch long!!! im so proud :D

Quote from Joel

yeah i dont want man stubble on the way back up!

no stubble if ya dont shave!! :harhar:

• Quote from Dibdabs

I started shaving at about age 12..:eek: .. I wish I could go back in time and knock some sense into myself. If I hadn't started shaving then the hair would probably be a lot less thick and dark now.

wait til you're in your 30's hun!!!
    Imx

• I stopped shaving my armpits recently , just to see how it grows. I started shaving legs n armpits when i was about 13. i remember my mum saying not to bother.

i stopped shaving my legs but i'm afriad i dont like em hairy. however i love my hairy armpits, my sister thinks its disgusting so therefore i continue to show them to her.

i love hair! its just ahir , i dont think its dirty as long as u keep it clean. its no different than hair on your haed.

although i'm not a big fan of back hair on any gender.

i stopped shvaing down under a while back , i get a nasty rash so i think hair looks better than big red spots.

i also pluck my eybrows.

i used to wax my upper lip, i have a lovely moustache.

Jenni's lucky to have cute soft blond body hair.

• oh yeah i pluck my eye brows, when i can find tweezers, dont actually know why, old habbit i guess

• Quote from jenni

i like hairy women....and hairy men....

i just like hair :D

Yay way to go :D Jenni you are wise beyond your years :p Shaving is a form of self-mutilation in my book :)