Posts by Zee

All done, all over.i seen the light, thankfully before it got too far!thanks for helping me see I was being a silly old tart, xx

Glad to hear it. Now... fancy a shag? :whistle:

Can't watch it.... says the video is private?

Oh... It's the first time I've ever uploaded a video to Youtube, will have to check the settings.

Right, here's the snippet I mentioned. The clip's a minute long but the 'near miss' I had is in the very first few seconds.

The dash cam I have records at 720HD but the youtube clip might not be playing it to you at that resolution unless you adjust the settings.

I have had one for a while. Once you've installed it you can just forget about it. Well almost, I do have to take it out and re-format the micro-sd card every couple of weeks cos while it does write over itself when full, it protects the bits it's has flagged as 'events', for example when you've braked hard or taken a speedbump too fast, and won't write over them, so eventually clogs up the card.

Nearly came in handy a few months ago when some silly cow pulled out right in front of me and I had to slam the brakes on and swerve to avoid hitting her. Had I gone into her I could at least have proved that a ) I wasn't speeding, and b ) I had clear right of way. In fact I saved that snippet of video, I might post it so you can see how useful these cameras can be. :)

Of course, how useful video evidence is when it comes to insurance claims and court and suchlike I have no idea, but it can't do any harm.

One thing to bear in mind though is that these things are most useful when they record good quality video and ideally are able to capture the licence plates of other vehicles. And of course if they record you involved in an incident where you're kinda blameless but in fact were driving over the speed limit, you're probably not gonna want to use it as 'evidence' anyway! :S

glad somebody likes it. :D

it is a bit weird, white blokes who look like extras in a ZZ Top video, singing reggae songs in icelandic - but it works for me. :D

and haven't you got a shed you can lock that wolf-fiend in? :whistle:

... I present Hjálmar, the best reggae band in Iceland.

Ok probably the only reggae band in Iceland.

But still rather good. If you like reggae. And Iceland. Which I do. :D

Hope you like. :p

Yeah we`re definitely socially conditioned to think it`s normal to spend the vast majority of our lives working then look forward to the few years of freedom we get at the end..when you`re too old and tired to really do much anyway..

i'm already too old and tired to do anything... and i've got fookin' years left to work an' all. :S

but to answer the original question, nah, it definitely ain't just you, especially round these parts.

There's nothing wrong with muzzling dogs. Or children. :angel:

Although my yoga teacher has a staffie and it's probably the softest, friendliest dog I've ever met.

I get paid to look at shit (care assistant) so I'll definitely take the trees over actual shit.

Me too, I look after learning disabled people, so shit goes with the territory. All over the damn territory sometimes. :eek:

The weirdest thing about being older is when you see coppers who look they must be bunking off school, and the fuckers have the right to arrest you and everything!

I shall be 40 soon but as a big part of me still feels 17, I confess I'm not coping well at all with the idea of being 40. :panic:

maybe it's a reaction to having turned 50 already, but it really helps to see beyond the numbers, after all, they are pretty meaningless really. what's important is not how old you are, but how you live your life, whether you are true to yourself irrespective of the figures. we're all gonna end up in a box one way or another, so put the numbers to one side and do the only important thing, which is to live a good, happy life, while you are here. go for a walk, look at some trees and shit (um, not actual shit i don't mean), smile to yourself, remember that you could have been born as a slug or something, and you'll find that being 9 or 90 is neither here nor there. ;)

Im 51 and still feel 19 inside

that's the spirit! :thumbup:

50 going on 15 here. :pp

sometimes stuff occurs to me like for example how i am actually older than the prime minister of this country, yet i am a scruffy, long-haired, (sort of) hippy who has no understanding of things like tax and mortgages, instead going through life wondering about stuff like what do dogs dream about and how many stars actually are there in the sky anyway, preferring to listen to a good choon than watch question time, and... then i think, actually fuck it, i'm just gonna live my own life in the way that suits me and bollocks to anyone who thinks we should think or act a certain way just to fit in. plus, david cameron is a complete and utter wanker anyway.

You must be going through a lot of emotions right now Sarah. But at least the lad's going away for the right reasons, as you say. I expect your relationship with him is bound to change now, but that's all part of the fun of having kids and seeing them through the tough business of growing up. :D

I used to put them on for a living.

Actually they were urinary sheaths for giving incontinence sufferers some dignity.
    And I didn't just randomly do it, I was a carer.
    If your men are struggling now the thought of some stranger doing it to them in the future should kill off the last bit of passion.
    I was pretty damn good at it too.
    Not exactly a skill you chat about in the pub though.

blimey, i look after incontinent people but they just wear pads. and i've had the odd person with a catheter. well not an odd person, but you know what i mean. never heard of anything like that before. although i can't see it being a very practical approach to incontinence to the people with learning disabilities that i work with, who wouldn't have the understanding of what the fook that was all about, i guess.