AND WE'RE BACK, again!

• Firstly I want to apologise for the extended downtime. :(

Secondly I want to apologise for all the settings, posts and gallery images from the last couple of days going missing - please repost and reset anything important in your profiles.

SORRY ABOUT THAT - I DID MY BEST! ;(

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Again, welcome to the new version of UKHippy :P

A lot has changed, we have moved away from Vbulletin and are now using a piece of German software called Woltlab Suite.

Some things work differently - please take the time to learn these things.

A few points to note:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CONVERSATIONS 8)

Private messages have been replaced with "conversations" - a similar thing except you can have multiple participants.

The migration process means that some of your old conversations may appear a little messed up (where the other party deleted their replies) - and you may need to delete a few conversations to get your quota back.

I only know that my own inbox was a mess, so I can't comment on anyone else's.

The difference is that you are not limited to the amount of messages per conversation - but you are limited to the amount of conversations you can have (depending on privileges). .

For example, you can swap messages with one person 100 times, but you won't be able to message 100 people once - because of this you may need to sift through your inbox and clear some unimportant stuff out the way.

Some people will be able to include attachments within their messages, and some people will be able to edit their messages at any one time. (MORE ON THIS LATER)

You can start conversations with more than one participant - the default is 3 or 4 depending on post count etc.

YOU CANNOT DELETE CONVERSATIONS, INSTEAD YOU "LEAVE" THEM - this is effectively the same thing. I'm still trying to learn the ways to "leave" a conversation, but selecting it from the list and using the indicator to the right seems to do it.

PROFILES =O

When you update your profile you will be forced to enter your birthday - these were not imported but they are important..

You will also have the option to adjust your privacy settings - I suggest you do this at your earliest convenience.

STUFF NOT WORKING :S

I will do my best to fix errors as they are reported, but please keep them to one thread and check that your error hasn't already been reported. I can still remember most things from last week.

If you are having problems, please try the following first:

- Deleting cookies and temporary internet files

- Trying the site in a browser you don't normally use

- Changing your device resolution to something standard

- Disabling any high level security settings that may be blocking features.

- Try to disable "desktop mode" on your mobile device - this website now works on screen resolution, rather than identifying your device (useragent)

I will try my best to support non-standard screen resolutions, unusual browsers, customised styles, rooted devices and obsolete hardware, but I cannot guarantee this.

STUFF YOU DON'T LIKE <X

Bear with me as I'm still customising everything - mention things you dislike, but please don't moan at me. I'm doing my best and don't want negativity. I cannot stress this enough because I'm going stir crazy after 10 days in front of a screen! :huh:

MISSING STUFF ||

- The groups, articles and blogs are gone for now so we can focus on community.

- Tapatalk may be back, but not yet.

NAVIGATION :/

I'm improving it as much as I can but it will take time.

Clicking a thread title will take you to new posts if there are new posts - otherwise it will take you to the first post. Clicking the right hand avatar will always take you to new posts.

Marking all threads as "read" is done by a little tick in the right hand corner (desktop view).

ANYWAY :*

Please check that your questions haven't been answered already, please keep things to this thread and please enjoy yourselves learning how stuff works.

• AM I BOVVERED? Whats a little downtime?

you have done more than anyone could have asked you to do an I for one am amazed by what you have achieved. And I know at what cost to your sanity Fantastic achievement

Seriously Mate you ROCK! Big respect to you. And thanks too:) Really appreciate it

In Yiddish you would be described as a 'Mench'

• Hooray! We're back! :)

The only thing is I have the red dot on my profile (top right, on the phone) to indicate new notifications, but when I go to Notifications there's nothing.

Oh and I still need to boot up the private browser to post.....

The only thing is I have the red dot on my profile (top right, on the phone) to indicate new notifications, but when I go to Notifications there's nothing.

I found that. If you go to conversations and "mark all read" it disappears.

• Search doesn't seem to work properly and my 'Hobbit Homes' thread has disappeared. :beard:

Thanks for getting us sorted though.

Is this the one?

Hobbit homes and unusual builds.

There was a problem indexing every single thread in the search - for some reason it got stuck at about 60% but I'll get back to that later.

You can see your own threads by clicking the magnifying glass icon on your own profile.

Are there any security settings on your usual browser that are worth investigating?

Have you tried emptying your cache, deleting all your cookies and making sure javascript is enabled?

Is there an option to reset your browser to its defaults?

If anyone else understands Blackberry 10 operating system or the BB Q5 please let us know.

• Thanks Paul :happydanc, couldn't find it :o Appreciate the last posts have gone in the last 'fix' as you had said so I'll have to try and dig them out again. The search wouldn't find it for some reason.

• Well, its good to see it back up here, Paul.

For a minute over the weekend I wondered if you'd gone a site too far, so to speak.

But you stuck in there, Man, and got it sorted out, so Full Respect!8):saint:

We'll all get used to any new stuff, over a little time, so try and take it easy for awhile. The main thing is that we're still up here, still sailing.

You did good, Man!

• Thanks Paul :happydanc, couldn't find it :o Appreciate the last posts have gone in the last 'fix' as you had said so I'll have to try and dig them out again. The search wouldn't find it for some reason.

After importing all the data I had to run a script that created an index of search terms - it kept getting stuck at 60% leaving a big gap in the results for some reason.

I'll try it again during a quiet time when I can reboot the server without causing a meltdown. :D

• no i was looking for them on the screen i find puters very hard to master i have even been to night school for them [do you think i should ask for my money back] it,s not all my fault puters do not like me i was once very cruel to one

• I'm back, too! Got the notification in my email, and am checking out all the changes.

Thanks for all your hard work, Paul and your team!