Aliens, do you believe?

• Theyll be ages getting here...we stuck in speed bumps,chicanes and a shitload of speed cameras...:beard:

We can transcend time, but get stoned a lot and forget to do it at the right moments, it's part of our religion which doesn't or ever did exist. but we can be faster than light when needed to be, oh yes !!!! .... and we are nearly there, wherever it is :hippy:

• We can transcend time, but get stoned a lot and forget to do it at the right moments, it's part of our religion which doesn't or ever did exist. but we can be faster than light when needed to be, oh yes !!!! .... and we are nearly there, wherever it is :hippy:

Shit, they're philosophers - we're screwed.

• We can transcend time, but get stoned a lot and forget to do it at the right moments, it's part of our religion which doesn't or ever did exist. but we can be faster than light when needed to be, oh yes !!!! .... and we are nearly there, wherever it is :hippy:

You're telling me you don't know where it is we are going? And you thought I was beneath you!
    Well I know!
    Bow down to me and pass me the spliff

• Damn...ill never the hang of humans..does witty repartee count..? ..medical is just latin mixed with a skill to say simple things in a million baffling ways....bit like German (but Italian is worse)

Actually I thought medical was latin mixed bullshit.

Italian is latin but sexy.

My mother had a german boss, I can swear and sing carols in german - is that bilingual enough?

• Well thats a stroke of luck,we can have a German carols thread just in time for... ermm...christmas...maybe throw some Italian and Russian for good measure....(Sorry Aliens thread you been hijacked again)

Russian? I'm impressed.

I know a few bits of phonetic Polish. I was taught them by a girl I was training to be a swimming teacher to sort out some kids in the local pool who just shrugged when the lifeguards tried to say anything to them in English.

After I tried my 'Polish' on them they waved every time they saw me - thank god they didn't start a conversation.

It's terrific that you speak 4 languages. I'm embarrassed that the ones I'm any good at are dead and I'm patchy at others - we are far too lazy learning other languages in the UK. that's about the only thing I admire about Nick Clegg that he is fluent in 5 languages.

Oh yeah - bags I 'Silent night'

• I should learn Polish theres quite a.large community here...im trying to get into.Ojibwe and Swahili at the moment...dont ask why im just fascinated by them.
    Its embarrassing that Brits arent very lingual.Most Europeans speak 2 or more languages.

After 20 years in the NHS im multilingual in pished and extremely pished....pished sign language too...but its limited to one or two finger vocab.

• I should learn Polish theres quite a.large community here...im trying to get into.Ojibwe and Swahili at the moment...dont ask why im just fascinated by them.
    Its embarrassing that Brits arent very lingual.Most Europeans speak 2 or more languages.

After 20 years in the NHS im multilingual in pished and extremely pished....pished sign language too...but its limited to one or two finger vocab.

Some of us appreciate the NHS - well when we aren't slagging off some doctors and neurologists - but if you have epilepsy that's considered fair game - almost a sport. When you get checked for needle marks when you are out of it, it does piss you off a bit.
    Bruv in law in a psychiatric nurse, he's done the job for 25 years - god knows how.

Yet another anti- Tory t-shirt

NHS.small.jpg

• I'm practising one, possibly both tonight.

Not keen on taking any more Diazepam for the bloody ear infection so trying Chilean Merlot.

Different pharmacokinetics, similar side effects... :insane:

So how are you progressing ? Im on my second bottle and ive still got nerve pain and dont even feel tipsy ...I must be doing this all wrong...:S

• So how are you progressing ? Im on my second bottle and ive still got nerve pain and dont even feel tipsy ...I must be doing this all wrong...:S

Ah the problem is that you already need to be taking some form of drug that has on the PIL, 'enhances the negative effects of alcohol'
    or some such malarky.

I'm here (and going through various other forums I go to) checking for drunken posts.

By the time you wrote that I was probably well out of it.

Don't know what sort of nerve pain you have but pregabalin or gabapentin should have much the same effect as the ones I'm on and they are used for nerve pain.

Or you could try a third bottle....would probably have less crappy side effects.

Husbands dentist recommended wine for pain relief after he had a dental implant.

• You know, at one time, back in the 70's, I was part of a local group that tried to study UFO sightings. We interviewed a good many local people who were supposed to have had close encounters. I have no doubt that some of these people had genuine strange experiences. But some were just kind of disturbed, and were making mountains out of molehills, or were maybe SF crazy, and saw an alien behind every light at night.

We sent all our reports, written up with as much field and relevant astronomical information as we could muster, to Cambridge University, where a student group tried to sort the wheat from the chaff. Several groups in the East Midlands were doing this at the time, sending reports to Cambridge.

I sometimes wonder what happened to all that stuff, and if much of it got through to DI5.

• I believe in aliens, always did. I believe there are benevolent ones and also those who rule this world, and not exactly our 'friends'. Anyone read 'the Gods of Eden' by William Bramley?

It's taking the ancient astronaut theory and suggesting that advanced beings have modified humans for their own selfish ends, to use us as slaves. Very interesting read, only a couple of quid on Amazon. Not a nice thing to believe, but I currently give this theory a lot of thought as it does seem to fit. Always flexible to ideas though.

• There are very many interesting books on UFOs and ancient humanity out there, following us down to the present day in some cases, like Bramley does.

These books vary greatly in their breadth of content, some sticking only to reports of 'alien' visitors throughout the ages, others - like Bramley's book - include conspiracy theories encompassing pretty well everything linked to the history of humankind, including the invention and reinvention of religions through (often retrospectively) recorded history.

One point that most of the more 'conspiratorial' of these writers either miss, or fail to deal with at all convincingly, is the 'Why'. Why are humans being used by other-world entities, and to what ultimate end?

If the world is being run by a handful of alien entities, in human form or otherwise, just to make those particular entities filthy-rich during their life-period here, it's not much of a plot, is it? What happens when these alien lizards die here; do they then reincarnate into their own little alien bunch and start over? The further you start to look into it, the easier it breaks down.

If anything, I am more inclined to consider the 'mistake' theory myself.

That our human evolution was subject to deliberate intervention for initially experimental purposes, which became subject to dissension between the experimenters, and eventually became an abandonment. With perhaps a watchful eye cast on our curious progress from time to time....