Beard Or No Beard?

• It's rumoured Danann:hippy: is pretty good at doing that to blokes:D
    A few pages back there was quite a queue for awhile...

Hahahahaha.....But Alas Be....No Bearded Take WWF Downs For Meez......As Not Had The Courage To Step Out And Meet Any Beards hahahaha..
    Nope I Stayed Hidden Up..Up Sprawled Across My Trees Big Arms Like Big Cat Panther Elusive...Evasive Hidden Within My Beautiful Safety Tree .....Looking Forever Out But Find It Be Sooo Hard To Climb Down From My Safety Tree And Step Out To Take WWF Down UKHippy Beards I See....Yep....Silly Scardie Big Cat Meez hahahaha:))

• Of course a beard can have one or two slight disadvantages at times.

Like when you have a snotty cold, and have to be a bit careful where you blow, and make sure it's all accounted for.

Otherwise you can be in the situation of wearing a greeny or two all day, presenting them every time you speak to anyone, carrying them about onto the bus or train, or into the shopping centres, and nobody decent enough to have a quiet word about it.:whistle:

You can start to get the message after a while; in shops and crowded places people avert their eyes somewhat, or turn their backs, and it eventually begins to filter through that either your flies are undone, or there...must be...something...on...the...beard:beard:

• I went out with toothpaste on mine once...id known it was there and meant to wash it off but got distracted and off i went....normies couldnt cope with long haired beardy old git with white gue looking like dried dog 'slobber' lol They keep out of your way though so it has advantages.

• I went out with toothpaste on mine once...id known it was there and meant to wash it off but got distracted and off i went....normies couldnt cope with long haired beardy old git with white gue looking like dried dog 'slobber' lol They keep out of your way though so it has advantages.

I woke up one afternoon in Spring (supposedly baby sitting) to my horror, to find not only my beard caked up in baby shit but my beard welded to my hair. After the panic and rush to seperate beard from hair. I realised it wasn’t baby shit, but chocolate.

Unknown to me, I had been force fed chocolate by my baby girl while I slept. Not realising I had rolled over onto the chocolate that she had pushed near my mouth and it had melted. At the time of discovery I wasn’t going near giving it a sniff test, as my sense of smell is shot anyway. It would mean getting right in there to identify the substance.

• lol..ive had a sick baby explosively evacuate both ends when i was a paramedic...im just glad i didnt have a beard at the time...(id shaved it off as id set fire to it welding a car.)...ffs the smell was evil and took a week to get rid of...my work colleague who did have a beard wasnt so lucky :)

• Post by NomadicRT ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • I've had a beard since it started growing - except for the two years when the school rules said I must shave (in the 6th form) It started in th fifth form, when none of the teachers could find I must shave in the school rules. (in the rules it specifically stated that in the sixth form you must shave, I successfully argued that it must therefore be fine to grow one in the fifth form (one of the good points of a grammar school education, if you could prove your argument, then it was accepted, because if there was one thing that was appreciated it was good logic. After school the beard was allowed to run riot, and though its trimmed neat nowadays its still with me nearly 40 years later, cut it off - never going to happen.

• I fell into a habit of letting my beard grow every winter, from my early 20’s. It kept the cold winds off my chin, when I was spending the winter days outside hedgelaying, it became another level of PPE. Soon as Spring arrived I would shave, ready for sun worship.

Some years ago a member from the forum died unexpectedly. Out of respect for him, it was suggested we Blokes grew our beards until meeting at his funeral or next gathering. I just didn’t shave afterwards. It’s relatively hassle free and was brilliant entertainment for my growing baby girl.