What are you currently thinking, part V: The Hempire Strikes Back

• I’m thinking ‘where have all the hippies gone’. I log in and find very few new posts have been made. After all the fuss upgrading the site, it’s quieter than I can ever remember it being. I realised when the site was offline for the few days, I drifted onto other internet busines and life stuff. Hopefully it will pick up and keep us all captive during the dark winter nights.

• You are you DD and no title will ever do you justice,just be you and enjoy doing the things you enjoy. you are special and better than any collective. No offence hippies :-)

• I’m thinking ‘where have all the hippies gone’. I log in and find very few new posts have been made. After all the fuss upgrading the site, it’s quieter than I can ever remember it being. I realised when the site was offline for the few days, I drifted onto other internet busines and life stuff. Hopefully it will pick up and keep us all captive during the dark winter nights.

I'm thinking that we need to get the word out that this site is thriving and winning. I'm going to make some shareable banners and all that stuff.

• Inuites make igloos out of blocks of snow the pour water over it to seal it. Where. Do they get the water? It cant be sea water as it wouldn't freeze to form the seal n would melt there new home.

They dont always pour water on it,theyre pretty good at cutting the joint faces at the correct angle and pack with powder snow.In -30 or lower it all freezes together on contact anyway.

Is it getting that cold in Aberdeen?

Yeah, I felt that, too. Maybe some of us who have been around here a year or two should be starting a new thread or three, here and there, just to make the site look like it's not stuck forever in late October 2017....:)

• I'm thinking that we need to get the word out that this site is thriving and winning. I'm going to make some shareable banners and all that stuff.

Have you actually mass mailed everyone to tell them about the new all singing all dancing slick website.? and its back to stay!!

It was down a long time and peeps probably expected it to disappear for good.

Now most of glitches are sorted it might be a good time...come back for christmas,:xdrink::xtree2: get a discount off your annual sub if you buy early :beard:

• Have you actually mass mailed everyone to tell them about the new all singing all dancing slick website.? and its back to stay!!

It was down a long time and peeps probably expected it to disappear for good.

The disappointing thing was almost 1000 emails bouncing back to me (mostly old hotmail accounts) before the emailer froze without me knowing how far it got.

I'm quietly confident that building some momentum is possible though.

• The disappointing thing was almost 1000 emails bouncing back to me (mostly old hotmail accounts) before the emailer froze without me knowing how far it got.

I'm quietly confident that building some momentum is possible though.

One thing i did notice on my tablet when you moved to the new software is that i could no longer access it using my old bookmarked link. Is the URL different, or it was possibly a cache issue. I deleted the bookmark, cleared cache and clicked the forum link from the uk hippy main page so didn't actually check whether the link was any different.

Others could maybe be using the old link and not being able to view the site are thinking that it is still down?

EDIT: Just checked on a desktop machine, the old saved link was ukhippy.com/stuff/forum.php.

This brings up an internal server error page.

Link for forum now appears as ukhippy.com/forum.

Maybe a pm telling people to discard bookmarks and use the main page may get people back, or a redirect from the old link, or change the error message to direct people to the new link?

• not on here much now, cos i think this new layout is shite, but who am i to disagree with HERR COMMANDANT ?

Harry at the sametime Bushcraft forum changed site layout. The two newsites aren’t much different from each other. Only for the life of me I can’t hack the new bushcraft forum layout. Only reason I took to this UKH one is I just preserved. I hope I crack the bushcraft forum layout. Instead of just scanning the members classifieds.